8 - Impossible To Resist

"You've lost weight," Louis remarked, looking me up and down.

I wasn't expecting this. "Umm, yeah, I think so," I said, a bit thrown. "Not on purpose though."

He didn't say anything, but eyed me for a moment, those piercing blue eyes staring through to my soul.

"How are you about all this? I mean, really?" he asked.

I looked away uncomfortably. "What do you mean?" I stalled. I wished I hadn't drunk so much. I needed to think clearly and it was proving difficult with the copious amounts of Prosecco, wine and Champagne I had consumed.

"How do you feel about Harry?"

"It doesn't matter," I sighed. "It's over."

"But you were willing to give him a second chance," Louis pressed.

"I said that at the time," I admitted. "But the more I think about it, the more stupid and embarrassed I feel."

"Why?"

"He fųcked someone else!" I practically shouted, and my legs wobbled unsteadily.

Shįt, I was drunk.

"Alright, keep your knickers on," Louis said, and took another drag of his cigarette.

"I don't have that problem," I snapped. "It's the rest of the world that seems unable to resist temptation."

He inclined his head. "True."

"I can't forgive him," I said, breathing deeply and leaning back against the wall. It was cold against my back, even through the fabric of my dress. I shivered.

"So why did you say you would try?" he asked.

"Everyone says stuff in the heat of the moment," I shrugged. "I said how I felt at the time."

"So if he turned up now and begged you for forgiveness you'd turn him down?" Louis flicked some ash into the gutter.

"Yes," I said, immediately. "But he isn't going to."

"No," Louis sighed. He took another drag.

"Why isn't he?" I asked, feeling my insides start to tremble.

Louis held his breath for a second, looking at me, and then let it out, blowing a trail of smoke into the air.

"Harry's going through it at the moment."

"It? What do you mean? Going through what?" I asked.

"There's been some shıt going on lately, and it's affected him pretty badly."

"This is the stuff to do with you?" I clarified, and he nodded.

"I shouldn't even be telling you this," he said, shifting his gaze to the back door of the club. There was no one there. He stubbed his cigarette out on the wall and threw the butt on the ground.

"Telling me what?" My heart was hammering.

"Harry's... a bit lost at the moment. He's worried. Scared."

"Of what?" I asked. I couldn't take my eyes off Louis.

"Everything's just up in the air. Uncertain. He doesn't know how to deal with it."

"You're not making any sense," I said, bluntly. "What's up in the air?"

Louis' phone vibrated in his pocket, and he pulled it out and stared at it for a moment. He tapped away on it quickly, before putting it back in his pocket. "Sorry," he said. "I have to be reachable at the moment."