86 - We Dream The Same Dreams

"I'm sorry for that night at Libertine. I never properly apologised for, um..."

"Trying to jump my bones?"

"I wasn't trying to jump your bones!" I protested indignantly, looking up into Louis' face, and he laughed softly.

"Again, just teasing." He yawned sleepily, his eyes half closing, but still maintained eye contact with me.

"Well, anyway, I'm sorry I put you in that position," I repeated, feeling a tingle down my spine as I looked deep into his eyes. "Every time I think about it I want the ground to open up and swallow me."

"Think about it a lot, do you?"

He smiled mischievously, and my heart began to pound as his stare seemed to burn a hole right through me, igniting a strange heat in my veins that I had never felt before. 

"Stop taking the piss," I smiled back, adjusting my head on the small pillow. "Just accept the apology and let's move on!"

"I'm just making conversation," he shrugged, his eyes dropping briefly to my lips. "You're the one who keeps having these wild fantasies about me."

I reached over to poke his cheek playfully, but he closed his fingers around mine.

"Wild fantasties are the nearest you'll ever get," I whispered.

He said nothing for a few moments but returned my gaze, moistening his lips with his tongue before speaking again.

"You sure about that?"

"Stop flirting with me," I murmured, shifting position and somehow moving closer to him under the faint glow from the aeroplane cabin's dimmed lights.

"Stop flirting with me," he fired back, smirking down at me, our faces now only inches apart.

I bit my lip, my heart pounding as his fingers brushed against mine, sending a jolt of desire to the pit of my stomach that ached enticingly.

"We both know you still would, though," he added huskily, after a moment, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth as he waited for my response.

"Yeah, well... you still would too," I breathed.

As he leaned towards me I closed my eyes, and felt his breath on my cheek half a second before his lips touched mine. The kiss was tentative; he was testing the water to see what my reaction would be, perhaps even afraid that I was merely calling his bluff and would suddenly push him away. 

I didn't.

Our lips broke apart for a brief moment and then touched softly once more, this time feeling a little less foreign and a little more comfortable. My heart was hammering in my chest, so hard that he must have been able to feel it, but if he did he said nothing, and continued to kiss me gently, his mouth opening and his warm tongue touching mine. He tasted deliciously unfamiliar; of danger, excitement and heartbreak.

A minute or so passed as we lay side by side together without uttering a word, my hand resting on his collarbone and his on my waist, kissing continuously. His fingers pressed gently into my back, and then slid down to my thigh, pulling my hips towards his so our lower bodies were now touching.

Eventually his lips curved into a smile against mine and he pulled away with one last peck on my lips.

"Well well. This is new." 

I smiled self-consciously and he glanced over his shoulder.

"Do you think anyone's realised what we're up to?" I asked.