•8•

•8•

I sat on the bed and patiently waited for Crystal to be done with my makeup. "Okay and finished!" she exclaimed then stepped back. I got off the bed then looked at myself in the mirror. I looked down at my dress and began to internally question myself. Was this dress too much? Am I over dressed? "You look hot." Jonah said with a smirk on his face. "Yea Lana, he's going to think you're a part time model or something." Crystal added. I sighed then got up to go check myself out in the bathroom mirror. A smile stretched my face as I laid my eyes on myself.

"Damn I look good." I said out loud but quiet enough so that Crystal and Jonah wouldn't hear my moment of conceit. Crystal came in behind me in a panicked rush. My cellphone was vibrating in her hand. The caller I.D said private so we assumed it was Odell. I looked at her with panic in my eyes as well. It took Jonah to come over to the both of us and push the talk button himself for the phone to be answer. I quickly put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, I'm outside your building..this Odell by the way." I faintly giggled. "Okay, I'm on my way down." I hung up the phone then put it in my pocket. "Okay, bring my uniform down to the dinner for me please?" Crystal nodded. "Good luck, don't say anything stupid." I rolled my eyes then darted out my apartment and downstairs. I took a deep breath then exited the complex. I saw a man with a blonde mohawk wearing sunglasses leaning on a white Mercedes-Benz.

We shared smiled at each other then I approached him. He took off his sunglasses then pulled me in to a hug. This hug was a lot more comfortable than the one from last night. I hugged back then when the hug was over he opened the car door for me. I thanked him then got inside. Once he was in, he put the car in drive then sped off.
~
Odell took the keys from his pocket with his free hand as we began to approach the exit. His other hand was hanging off my shoulder as his muscular arm wrapped around me. I had the spoon I used to share our ice cream still hanging from my mouth.  As we left the amusement park Odell began clicking the lock button on his keys to find the car. Once the car was located we both got in. Today was fantastic. Odell had took me to an amusement park only about twenty five minuets away from the diner. We got on rides together, versed each other in games, and took adorable  pictures. We also shared an ice cream, I thought that was really cute.

"Have fun?" he asked while turning out of the parking lot and on to the main road. I smiled at him and nodded. He watched my response then turned his attention back to the road. "Good because I was a little skeptical about bringing you here." he confessed with a slight chuckle. "Why?" I asked. "Because you just don't strike me as the girl who would enjoy these type of things."

"I don't?" I questioned. "Yea, you don't seem like the type of girl who would get on rides." he admitted to me. "Well, not everything's what it seems." I said jokingly. He chuckled then winked at me. "You're funny." I shrugged then blushed a little. "If I don't seem like that type of girl then why did you bring me here?" he shrugged. "Closest thing to your job." he replied. "Thank you for being so thoughtful because now I have time to get dressed and Jacob won't have anything to say about it."

"Jacob?"

"My manager." I explained then sighed out some frustration. "Pain in the ass, huh?" he asked. I nodded. "You don't even know the half." I said then looked out the window. I bet Jacob's probably there now complaining about to Crystal how I should be in work right only so that he can watch me like a creep from a booth. Nobody's ever in the diner at night anyways. There's really no need for me to be there. There's honestly no need for the dumb shack to even be open late. "He probably has a thing for you." Odell blurted out.

I rolled my eyes. My phone began to buzz. I calmly pulled it out—expecting it to be Crystal or Jonah, but it was neither. It was Aaron. I didn't know if I should answer it because I know once I get on the phone he's going to hassle me about where I'm at. And I can't lie to him in front of Odell. I clicked the decline button then slid it back down in to my pocket. I looked up at Odell and saw him completely focused on the road. Suddenly I felt my phone going off yet again. Aaron was not going to leave me alone until I answered him. I decided to wait until I got to work to call him back. "Ya know, I'm really happy you gave me another chance." he spoke. "I know after last night I had a little too much to drink and I remember what happened..a little bit at least."

"What do you remember?" I asked.

"Um, just like you trying to get in your car..you seemed a little uncomfortable." he blushed with embarrassment written all over his face. "Yea, I was just a little." he chuckled nervously. "I'm sorry about that, behavior like that is unacceptable And I know better." I smiled because I thought it was sweet. He knew that he had drank a little too much and then realized his fault and owned up to it. "It's okay." I said in the warmest way possible. His nervousness began to ease and the vibe went back to normal.

Odell made a turn and we were in the parking lot of the diner. I waved him a goodbye then got out the car and to my surprise he followed. Deep down I was happy because he was walking me inside. We walked up to the diners entrance and Odell opened the door for me.
Perfect day with the perfect gentleman.
-
Alana better call Aaron back...like pronto 😂 and Odell's sweet for apologizing. And also I had no clue what to put in the media for this chapter so I guess I'll just put some characters in there 😅.