•81•

•81•

Alana Cardenas-6 Months Later

"You're crazy if you think I'm letting you skydive while you're pregnant." Sean playfully argued with Crystal. I sat on the couch across from them and laughed. "I'm not trying to go now obviously, but eventually." she said. He rolled his eyes. "I hope our baby doesn't come out as crazy as you." she shrugged then began to eat her ice cream again.

"Don't know why you asking for that," I mumbled. "You just as crazy."

Crystal burst into a fit of laughter while Sean glared at me like he was offended. "I'm not crazy, just misunderstood." okay..that was a new one. I rolled my eyes then picked up my phone. Sean and Crystal were so cute. And I was happy they were finally making me an auntie. I hope it's a little girl, but they both want a baby boy. Either way I'm going to spoil it with whatever paycheck I get. That is if they let me. "Gimme kiss." Sean said to Crystal. She smiled then locked lips with each other. I jokingly put a disgusted emotion on my face then tossed the pillow at them. "Don't hate, congratulate." Crystal said with a giggle.

I smirked then got off the couch. I walked to the back room and dialed my man's number. Seeing Crystal and Sean made me think about him. I was missing him like crazy. "Hello?" Jake answered.

"Hey baby," I replied. "I miss you."

I heard him chuckle. "I miss you too babe, I should be home by eight tonight." I sighed. "You said that last night, are you sure?"

"Yes Lana, I promise. I love you. I have to go."

"Okay, I love you too. Bye."

I drowned then hung the phone up. Jake and I started dating back when I was still trying to get over...him. I refuse to say his name. I wouldn't even let that shit run through my mind. But he was there for me when I needed someone. After some time went on we started to get to know each other some more and next thing I know we were together. He's sweet and caring. Not to mention he treats me like a princess. But for the last couple weeks he's been so busy. Sometimes not coming home at night. He says it's business. I guess I just have to get used to his new job. Now that he's working under his dad's sight, he's more in charge of looking for new places for his dad to expand his diner. Soon he should have a chain of them across the country. I'm happy for the both of them, even though his father fired me.

I walked out and to my surprise I saw Sean on top of Crystal almost sucking her face off. "Eww!" I shrieked causing them to look up. "This is the type of activity that got you pregnant in the first place."
~
"You excited?" Ms. Shannon asked me as we stood in the back of the store. I looked past her and saw the huge line of people all looking for a way to get inside. I took a deep breath then nodded. "More like nervous."

I had just opened my own boutique. I mostly sold cosmetics and also Ms. Shannon's clothing line. Everyone was into her stuff. It had really taken off. And I got a lot of positive buzz from modeling for her. I don't want to make it seem like I was some A-list celebrity or anything, but I was all over the place. This boutique is more of a partnership between the two us, but she basically wants me to be in charge of everything. Of course I'm still going to give her a cut of our profit because this is the base location to find her clothes, which everyone is raving for.

"You'll do fine, lets go do this." she assured me.

We walked up to the public with smiles on our face. After Ms. Shannon talked about the store and thanked everyone for coming, it was time for me to cut the ribbon signifying the boutique was now open for business. The people cheered then rushed into the store.

Some more time went on and it pleased me to see that people were actually buying...like a lot. Something told me this store was going to be a success. Then I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw a familiar face walking towards the store. I smiled then opened my arms for a hug. She walked into them then held me tightly. "How have you been?" she asked. "I've been good, how about you and Jazzy?" had no interest in the other one. "We're all good, I see you all over town sweetie. I'm so proud of you." hearing that from Ms. Heather put joy in my heart.

"Thanks, I actually have-"

My phone buzzed. I pulled it out then checked the text message. It was Sierra telling me that my trip to England was being scheduled for tomorrow night instead because Ms. Shannon wanted me to meet some people before my photo shoot with Revlon that's supposed to be next week. This kind of irritated me because I planned on spending the week with Jake since we haven't really had much time to be alone. "Everything okay?" I looked back at Ms. Heather and remembered that I rudely stopped talking with her to check my cell. "Yea, I'm sorry. It's just I have a flight tomorrow night now. Kinda disappointed."

"Oh really? To where?"

"London." she nodded then her phone buzzed. "Emergency at the house. I have to go, but it was so nice seeing you again beautiful." she hugged me then hurried out the store.

It was nice seeing you too.
-
Been awhile for Lana since she's been around any Beckhams. Thoughts?🤔