•65•

•65•

I parked my car then let out a sigh. I was nervous and I felt alone. All I wanted was to know that Odell had my back, but he didn't. He was acting so weird and I hated it. If I had the option to cry in this car the entire day, I would. But I have better things to do then to sit around and be sad all day.

I got out the car then walked inside of the building. There was a front desk and a lady sitting there. She turned her head and I immediately recognized who it was. I guess she recognized me too because she flashed me a smile. "Alana? Correct?" I nodded then tried my best to give her a friendly smile as well. He really hurt my soul last night. "One moment." she picked up her phone then dialed a number. "Ms. Shannon..? Yes this is Sierra at the front desk. I was just letting you know that Ms. Alana has arrived....Send her up? Yes ma'am."

"Floor thirteen," she said then hung up her phone. "She'll be waiting for you in the hall." I nodded then went over to the elevator. As soon as I hit the button the door opened. I walked inside then pushed number thirteen. Seeing that number light up just upset me. Number 13 had some issues and he needed to get them fixed..pronto. The elevator dinged at each floor. Then it stopped once I reached where I was supposed to be. I walked off then saw a narrow hallway and Ms. Shannon standing at the end of it. I began to approach her, but stopped once my phone started ringing. I rolled my eyes then turned it off.

Let's see how he likes it when I don't answer his phone calls.

"Ms. Alana, nice to finally see you again." to my surprise she reached and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back then pulled away. "Yea, I just thought I'd call to see what you were talking about that night in the diner." she nodded. "Follow me." she turned around and opened a door which revealed a warehouse type setting with cameras and white backdrops and huge bright lights. This was all new, but it looked like something you'd see on tv. We walked away from all of those things then found ourselves walking towards another door. There was a row of women standing in line for something a couple feet away from where we were headed. I looked over and saw an unpleasant face.

Squirrel-girl was here for what?

She looked at me and seemed confused. I just rolled my eyes then kept following Ms. Shannon. We went into a smaller room. I'm assuming it was her office. "Take a seat." she said. I nodded then sat on the other side of her desk as she sat across from me. "I'll get straight to the point Ms. Alana, you have something that I've never quite seen before." she smirked. I blushed a little then shrugged. "I don't really get what you're saying, but thanks." she chuckled softly.

"I mean, you have this look that I've never been able to capture on camera."

"What look are you talking about?"

"Mystery."

I've never been told I've looked mysterious before. I just assumed that I was pretty normal looking. "I'm launching my new clothing line within the next couple months and I see you as one of my models. My superstar model." I was flattered. "That's sweet, but I've never modeled before so I don't think I should be the superstar of anything." I giggled while trying to hold myself together. "You're so modest, but don't you worry because when I'm done with you...you would have thought you've been doing this your entire life."
~
Today was fun. I enjoyed just watching certain models take pictures in Ms. Shannon's clothes. Her fashion line was adorable and I couldn't wait for it to hit stores. I'm happy she didn't ask me to do too much today because I wasn't really in the right mind frame. Odell was still racing through my brain. I got sad and irritated whenever I thought about him. Why was he being such an ass?! All I asked him to do was support me and tell me that everything was going to be alright. I just wanted him to prove to me that he actually meant it when he said he loves me. But I guess that's too much to ask of him.

I was only a little ways from my car. It was in my sight so I pulled my keys from out of my purse. I walked up closer then saw someone leaning against my car door. I rolled my eyes then crossed my arms over my chest. "I already handled your friend, don't make me handle you too." she sighed then shook her head.

"No, I'm not here for that. I'm done starting issues with you. I came to apologize. I'm not a bad person. I just got so jealous when I saw you with Odell. I thought I really liked him, but I guess I only like the idea of him." I was confused.

"What?"

"He's a footballer with looks, money, cars. I wanted that lifestyle and I thought I could get that with him, but I went about it the wrong way. You did nothing to me and when I found out that Tasha and I got you fired..I felt so bad. That day wasn't supposed to happen like that." I cynically chuckled. "So then how was it supposed to happen?" I asked. "She called me and told me she saw you leaving Jarvis' house. We both assumed you and him were sleeping together so we were going to go to your job and tell you that we knew. I didn't know she was going to go off like that. It hurt me when she said those things too. I had no idea she had those type of feelings for Odell."

"Well I hope you know that your friend is a liar. Sorry, but I can't apologize for Odell not wanting to be with you." she nodded. "I don't want an apology. I owe you one." I smiled a little.

"I'm sorry Alana." I shrugged.

"I'm over it, but this doesn't mean we're cool. I still don't like you." she chuckled. "I'm dead serious, leave me alone from now on." she nodded then walked off.
-
Think Alana had the right response to Amber? Or should she had been a little nicer?🤔🤔