•53•

•53•

"He's nuts, everything in that diner has to be completely smudge free or he'll go ballistic." I explained to Odell as we were laying in my bed. "How long is he going to be there?" he asked. "Tomorrow's his last night..amen." Odell chuckled then wrapped me in his arms. I smiled then cuddled up in his chest. He let out a deep breath then kissed my forehead. "You're too good to be working at a job like that, your boss and his dad are both crazy, you have to deal with rude customers everyday, and they barely pay you enough money." I shrugged. "Well not everyone can catch footballs with one hand for a living." he smirked then rolled his eyes.

"I'm just kidding, you do way more than catch balls with one hand." I sat up and pecked his lips. He smiled then grabbed my hips and pulled them over so that I was straddling him. "Oh yea, what else do I do?" he asked trying to be sexy as he pulled my body closer to him. He started kissing on my neck and tugging on my clothes. I just giggled to myself.

"I mean, you can catch a ball with two hand as well." he rolled his eyes then pulled away. "Stop playing with me, I'm your favorite wide receiver in the league." I smiled then nodded. "The best." I added. "I love you." he replied quickly while looking me deep in the eyes. "I love you too..and I just want the best for you." he nodded. "Yea, I understand...I have to tell you a couple things though Lana." I sat up and listened.

"What's up?"

He sighed. "I don't know if I should, I don't want you to look at me differently." I grabbed Odell's hand then got off him. I laid down next to him in his arms and held him tightly. "You can tell me anything." I assured Odell. He shook his head. "But this is bad, I don't ever talk about this because it was a bad time in my life. I just want to forget about all of it, but it always comes back to haunt me. And I think it's doing that now."

"Baby just tell me."

"Alright fine, but promise me you won't tell anyone. Only my mom, dad, and Jar-..someone else know about this. Not even my little siblings." I held my picky up. He chuckled then locked our fingers. "It's about the pills I've been taking." I immediately knew what he was going to tell me. But he had no clue that I knew already because of Jarvis. If he tells me himself then I'll have a better chance with getting him some actual help. "What about them? Is your shoulder clearing up any?" I asked, trying my best to seem as clueless as possible. "Actually Lana, my shoulder is fine-"

Odell stopped once we heard the sound of knocking at my door. I sighed then got off the bed. "I'll be right back, okay?" he nodded then watched me walk out of my bedroom. I went over to the door then opened it and to my surprise, Luke was standing there with an envelope in his hand. "Oh, hey Luke." I greeted him with a small smile. "Hey beautiful, somehow they mixed up our mail, here's your stuff." he handed my mail over to me. "Thanks, it's a little late, you could have waited till tomorrow." he shrugged.

"I came by earlier, but you weren't here. This was my second attempt so if you didn't answer I was just going to slide it under the door." I nodded. "Okay, well thanks. Goodnight." I was about to shut the door, but he stopped it. "Um okay..actually this was kind of a plan to talk to you again." the both of us laughed. "Smooth.." I teased.

"Yea, I've just been thinking about you since the day I've met you...you're so pretty and I-" I looked behind me to see if Odell could hear anything that was going on right now. I didn't want him to come out of the bedroom and make a huge deal out of this. "Um, you okay?" he asked.

I turned my head back to Luke. "Actually Luke, I can't really talk right now..at least not like this, I have a boy-"

"Lana, what's-?" Odell stopped talking once he saw Luke. "Odell? How you doing man?" Luke walked right into my apartment and went over to Odell. Odell awkwardly shook his hand. "Luke, what's up?" he asked. "Nothing much, I haven't talked to you since sometime last year." said Luke. "You, me, and Jarvis really got to catch up."

"Wait, y'all know each other?" I asked.

Luke turned to me. "Yea, we all went to college together," Luke explained. "We used to be real close..him, me, and Jarvis. Jarvis Landry, my baby cousin." Odell just stood there and stared at Luke. It scared me because for an old friend it didn't look like he was happy to see him again. "How you know Odell?" he asked. I walked over to him then grabbed his hand. I stood on my tippy toes then pecked his cheek. Odell stood there without even moving a muscle. He just kept staring at Luke. "This is my boyfriend." Luke looked surprised.

"Wow, you never told me you had a..okay, I guess I should get going." Luke slowly backed out my apartment and shut the door behind him. "Why was he here?" he asked. "He came to drop off some of my mail, it got mixed up with his." Odell sighed then sat on the couch. "How long has he been staying here? And why does he know you?"

"He moved in a couple days ago, we met in the mail room." he rolled his eyes. "I don't want you around him, he's bad news." I smirked. "Um, since when were you my father?"

"I'm serious Alana, he's bad news..can't be trusted." he looked at me with all seriousness in his eyes. "Okay, I'll keep my distance." I grabbed Odell's arm then kissed his cheek. "Now, you were going to tell me something before he came by." he shook his head.

"No need to now, it doesn't matter anymore."

He got off the couch and walked over to my refrigerator. He grabbed a water bottle then went back into the bedroom. I sighed then followed him. Once I walked inside my bedroom he had already popped something in his mouth. I walked up closer to him then saw the pill bottle in his hand. "How many of these did you take?" I asked after I snatched the bottle out of his hand. I closed it then placed it on the nightstand.  He shrugged then sat on the edge of the bed. Odell grabbed my waist then pulled me close to him.

I sighed then shook my head. "You don't know? Are you crazy? I thought you were going to be careful with these pills!" he looked up at me and I could already see a change in his face. He smirked then pulled in on to the bed. He flipped me on my back then climbed on top of me. "I love you." he whispered while leaving kisses all over my body.

"I love you too..that's why I'm going to get you to stop this."
-
Odell, wyd love?!😫 you can't just be popping pills like they candy baby! Why do you think Luke is bad news? At least that's what Odell described him as.🤔🤔