•18•

•18•

"Thank you suga." Ms. Betty said to me as I handed her a glass of water. Ms. Betty was an older lady, early fifties, that worked at the diner. She usually worked the early shifts, mostly morning and never night. She's really sweet and funny. Sort of like a grandmother type figure to be around. She always welcomes you with open arms. "You need anything else before I head out Ms. Betty?" I asked her as I lifted my apron over my head. I folded it up then slid it under the counter. "No, I'm fine baby, you have a nice rest of your day." I nodded then hugged her goodbye.

I walked outside to the parking lot then got approached my car. As I was walking, with my eyes squinting from the bright sun, I suddenly bumped in to something...or someone. "My bad ma', oh wait...I know you!" I looked up at the mystery man and saw that his face was a recognizable one as well. "You the cutie from the other night..the restaurant." I sighed. I remember who this guy was, wasn't too happy to revisit him.

"Yea, it's Alana though." I said correcting him so that we wouldn't have to call me "cutie" again. "Right, you was there with the little blonde haired freak." I rolled my eyes. He chuckled then shook his head. "Naw sweetheart, I'm just messing around with you, but you still talk to old boy." I didn't really feel like speaking to him so psychical responses were probably all he was going to get. I nodded my head. "Oh, so y'all a thing?" I shrugged then looked over his shoulder.

My car was right there and this small chatter was getting in the way of me going home. "Don't know, huh? Well if y'all not then maybe we could go in here and grab something to eat." he suggested. "I'm supposed to be meeting some little honey here, but we could make her wait a little while." he bit his lip then grabbed my arm. I looked up at him in disgust then pushed his arm away from me. "Listen, Josh Norman, right? I'm kinda exhausted from work so maybe you could just go inside, have your date, and kindly let me get back to my car."

I walked around him, leaving him there without another chance to speak to me face to face. "Alright beautiful, playing hard to get!" he yelled from the same spot I left him at. "I like a challenge! You'll come around...they always do!"
~
There was nothing on tv and I hadn't got a call from anyone today, and by anyone I meant Odell. Not even a text or something. I was starting to get a little worried, but then I remember that he has a game in two days. He's probably being practiced to death and is exhausted like hell. I didn't want to bother him so I just didn't want  text him first. I wanted to make sure he wasn't too busy for me to talk to him.

And even if he doesn't talk to me tonight I shouldn't panic, right? We've been on four dates in the course of one week. Time apart is good for the soul..or at least I think that's what they say. I shouldn't worry, but the anticipation was killing me. Is he even thinking about me while I'm over here stressing about him? Then suddenly my phone started to ring. I quickly sat up on the couch and looked at the caller I.D. "Daddy," I read it and sighed in frustration.

I answered the phone and tried to cover up my discouragement and disappointment. "Hey daddy." I greeted my father. "Hey Princess, you still coming over tonight?" he asked. My aunt was coming in from California to visit the five of us. She moved there awhile ago with her husband. He's some type of rich computer software making geek. They live in a really big house with a huge pool and beautiful garden. She usually only come on Christmas and other important holidays, but I guess she just decided to stop by. I think she's staying over my dad's house for the week. I can't wait to see her. She's basically been my mom since my actual mother passed away. She always been there for me and she—unlike some other people—understands that I'm a girl who has an interest in boys. She also agrees with me that my brothers should really calm the hell down when it comes to my personal affairs.

"Yea, I'll be over there in a little bit, just thought I'd come home first and change." I explained to him. "Great, just checking, I'll talk to you later sweetheart."

"Okay, bye daddy." I hung up the phone then tossed it to the side. I need something to do before I go insane.
-
Odell!! Pick up the phone and call Alana!! You already know she's in love with you!! Jk😂 but what do y'all think Odell is doing?👀