•50•

•50•

I walked in to the doctors office and took a deep breath. This was the last one on the list and I prayed this one wouldn't try and put up a fight. I think I was successful with the others, but you never know with these doctors. Might not give a damn about the patients, just the money. I was just happy that I made an effort to help him. "Hi, I'm here to deliver something for Dr. Marriott. I'll be quick." I said to the receptionist lady at the front desk. She nodded then called him from the phone line in front of her. "Name please."

"Um Alana Cardenas." she nodded.

"Dr. Marriott, we have a young lady out here and she has a deliver for you, she says it'll only make a moment." she stopped talking then hung the phone up. "Okay, down the hall and last door to the right." I smiled then followed those directions. I knocked on the door a couples time and waited for permission to enter. "Come in." I slowly opened the door and walked inside. "Hi Dr. Marriott, I'm Alana Cardenas." he smiled then got out of his seat to shake my hand. "Hello Ms. Cardenas, Victoria said you had a delivery for me." I took a seat in front of his desk.

"Not exactly, you have a patient that I think we should really discuss." he looked a little confused. "Well, I'm not allowed to talk about the private information of my clients. It goes against my oath and could cost me my job if I did." I nodded. "I understand that completely sir, that's why I really need you to just listen." he sighed then leaned back in his seat. "Go ahead."

"One of your clients is having an issue with his body and you prescribed him opioids to help ease the pain. I understand why you did, but I think he may be going overboard with the medication. I'm coming here to basically beg you to lessen his dosage or try something else because he can't do this to himself." he looked down for a moment. "What patient are we talking about?" he asked.

"Odell Beckham Jr." I replied. He nodded. "And may I ask what relationship you have with Mr. Beckham?"

"I'm his girlfriend."

"I understand you may be concerned Ms. Cardenas, but I can't stop prescribing medicine to a patient in need of it just because his girlfriend is a little concerned." I sighed. "Yes, but it's not just because I'm concerned, he's taking up to four pills at a time," I argued. "You're the seventh doctor I had to see today because he's being prescribed these pills that apparently aren't helping him."

He looked shocked then got out of his seat. "I was unaware Ms. Cardenas, I'll see what I can do." I smiled then shook his hand once I got out my seat. "Thank you so much." he smiled back. "No thank you, I'll make sure to come up with an alternative as soon as possible to help with his issue."
~
"Girl I've been trying to call you all day," said Crystal over the phone. "You good?" she asked. I sighed then sat down on the couch. "I'm so exhausted Crystal, I've been running around New York all damn day and I just want to rest." I explained to her.

"What you do?"

"I can't tell you, but I can tell you that nobody on this planet can ever say I don't love that damn blonde haired boy." she laughed. "What is that supposed to mean?" I chuckled. "Nothing, what's been going on with you?" I asked with the hopes of some nice information about her little run in with my brother. "Oh nothing much, just the usual." I smirked then rolled my eyes. "Really? Nothing special happened to you in the last day or two?" I heard her laugh. "Nope, nothing at all." I wasn't born yesterday. "Stop with the bull, did you forgive Sean or not?" I asked as bluntly I could.

"Lana, how did you know about that?" she asked. "The yellow daisies and chocolates were my idea dummy, now answer the question."

"Okay fine..I forgave him and now he's taking me out tonight." I smiled then cheered. "Yay! I've been waiting for this moment since..since I don't even know!" I exclaimed. "Am I going to be an auntie soon?" I could just tell Crystal was rolling her eyes on the other side of the phone.

"Shut up, you just worry about putting a wrap on your little footballer." I sighed then chuckled. "Trust and believe I'm not trying for any Beckham Juniors." she chuckled. "Alright, I won't be at work tonight so I'll call you later tomorrow." I smiled. "Okay Crystal, have fun..don't get pregnant." I hung the phone up before she could argue with me. I sat up the looked to my side. The pill bottle was still there and it was peeking through my couch cushions. I sighed then picked it up.

I examined it and looked at Odell required dosage for a day. One pill every twenty four hours? Thank goodness I caught this before it was too late. If he hurts himself I would feel terrible. I got off the couch and walked over to my sink. I dumped the pills out of the bottle and down my drain. Then I tossed the empty bottle in the trash.
-
Think Alana was right for going to Odell's doctors like that? Or should she have talked to him first before getting into his personal stuff?🤔🤔🤔