•15•

•15•

Odell was driving to his place. We had been in the car for almost a half an hour. I noticed he was gripping the wheel kind of hard. The time we had spend in the car was silent, expect for the low radio he had turned on. I licked my lips and sighed. "Thank you." he cut his eyes at me. "Huh? For what?" he asked then turned his attention back to the road. "Just for what you did at the diner, that was nice of you." he smiled at me then shrugged. "It was nothing, I just remember you telling me about him when I took you to the amusement park. He shouldn't be grabbing you like that." I looked down and pushed some hair behind my ear. "It was still really sweet." I said. He shrugged again.

"Honestly, it was nothing. Grab my bag curly top." I looked down at my feet and saw his backpack sitting next to my leg. "Look through it and pick out the movies you want to watch first." I nodded. I opened the backpack then pulled out about seven tapes. "I went to the store and rented a bunch for us tonight."

"They're all scary movies." I stated the obvious. He chuckled. "Yea, I thought the movie you put in was for babies so I took it upon myself to go out and buy some real horror flicks." I rolled my eyes then smiled. I shook my head in disbelief. That movie we watched at my place scared the shit out of me. The only reason I was able to fall asleep was because Odell was there with me.

"I already ordered the pizza so as soon as we get home we can eat then get started on these films." I pressed my head against the window then watched as we passed the trees and other cars. He's so amazing! He's funny and kind and perfect! Him being himself just makes me think about my brothers. I wish I had the type of relationship with my family where I talk to them and they look after me, but they also know that I'm a grown woman. It kills me to know that I can't tell my brothers about Odell. They love him on the field and I'm falling for him off the field.

"You good?" he asked. I nodded. He put his hand on my thigh then rubbed it. "You sure?" I nodded again. He sighed then grabbed my hand. "Don't make me pull this car over." I giggled. "You won't do it." I teased. He huffed then turned on his blinker. He passed a lane then stopped the car on the side of the road. He unbuckled his seat belt then undid mine. Next thing I know, Odell had pulled me in to his lap. "Somethings bothering you."

"Talk to me." he said then pecked me on the cheek. After he pecked me I covered my face. He tried to move my hands, but I kept them stuck to me like glue. "Don't make me do it." he warned me. "Do what?" I asked in between laughs. "This." he licked his lips then grabbed my face. His smile faded and now he was staring at me with serious eyes. He didn't speak, his eyes spoke for him. I tilted my head a little then felt myself leaning closer and closer to his mouth. I was inches away and finally when we were finger nail length apart...my phone went off.

He frowned and sighed. I rested my head on his chest as I went through my pocket for my phone. It was Mike. I honestly had nothing to say to him. After yesterday, I didn't have anything to say to any of them..except for Sean. I'm his little sister and I don't even think he suspected that I was all that interested in guys. Not saying he thought I wasn't attracted to the male species of anything, just thought I had no time for a guy in my life. I tell Sean everything and I think that's what hurting him. Maybe it was the fact that I was seeing someone, maybe it was because I was seeing someone and he didn't know about it. "I'm sorry about that." I said then turned my phone.

"You good, who was that?" he asked. I shrugged, "No one." he examined me for a minuet then sighed. "Okay, maybe we should get going." I nodded then climbed over to the passengers side.
-
What do you think Mike wants?🤔