•59•

•59•

He pecked my lips then gently put me down again. "You're going to make me late." said Odell as he turned around to face the shower head. "Me? I was ready to stop an hour ago." I said then hugged him from behind. He stopped and smirked. I giggled then watched as he began to wash his body. I reached past him and lathered myself in soap as well. "Where are you going anyway?" I asked. He shrugged. "Just to pick up a couple things, shouldn't take me too long babe." he turned around and pecked my cheek. "Can I come?"

He sighed. "No..stay here and I'll be back in an hour." I frowned. "Don't leave me here by myself." I begged playfully while hugging him tighter. He chuckled. "I'll be so fast you won't even realize I left." he faced me then kissed my cheek.

After awhile of showering we both exited and got dressed. I sat down on the bed then watched him finish putting his outfit together. He walked over to my afterwards and pecked my forehead. "Love you." he mumbled. "I love-" I stopped talking once I noticed my phone was going off on the nightstand. I reached for it and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey Lana, I forgot to call you back last night," my dad said. "I have an appointment in a little less than an hour, if you still want to come then-"

"Of course, I'll be there in a little bit daddy."

"Alright baby, I'll see you there." we both hung up the phone. "Who was that?" asked Odell. "My dad, I'm meeting him at the doctors office today." Odell nodded. "Which one?" I shrugged. "The same one me, him, and my brothers always go to." I never remember the name, just remember how to get there. "Why you ask?" he shook his head. "I was just asking, what's up with him?" I sighed. "He's been complaining about his chest, really serious so I told him I'd go with him." Odell wrapped me in his arms. "You're such a good child." he patted me on the head

I rolled my eyes then grabbed my car keys. The both of us walked down the stairs and out the door.
~
"On any medicine, Mr. Cardenas?" the doctor asked my dad. He shook his head. "Any previous medical history I should know about?" again he shook his head. "Okay, before I diagnose or prescribe you with anything I should know exactly everything you're having an issue with." my dad sighed. "It's mainly my chest, I'll have this sharp pain for about five seconds then it'll leave me alone for the rest of the day." the doctor nodded.

"How often have you had this problem?" he asked. "About two weeks now, not very long." I looked up at my dad, who was sitting on the bed. I could tell something was different about him. There was a little more gray in his hair than usual. He looked like he gained a couple pounds. And his posture seemed to be a little sluggish or weaker than how it normally looks. It worried me.

"How about your diet? Level it one to ten..one being donuts and candy and ten being veggies and fruits." my sighed and thought about that before answering. "I'd say about a five, doc."

I smirked. "Actually more like a seven and a half, he drinks a lot of beer too." I added. The doctor chuckled while my dad just rolled his eyes at me. "Thank you Ms. Cardenas, I think you should probably adjust that diet of yours and lay off the beer." he said while getting out of his seat. "Then I want you to contact me if things seem to not be getting any better by the next month." my dad nodded then took the card the doctor gave him. "Alright doc, will do." my dad hopped off the bed." I got out of my chair and shook the doctor's hand.

"You'll keep him on track, right?"

"Of course."

The doctor smiled then walked out the room after wishing us a good afternoon. I sighed then turned to my dad. "Okay, so you'll drive home and I'll drive to the supermarket because we are getting rid of everything unhealthy in that refrigerator of yours." my dad chuckled. "Just like your mother, I swear." he mumbled. I shrugged then we both walked out of the office. He went to his car and I went to mine.

I got inside my car and was about to pull off, but my phone started ringing. I pulled it from my pocket and saw it was Odell. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you?"

"Uh, just got out of the doctor's office..what's up with the attitude?"

"What I tell you about getting in my business? When you getting home because we got to talk." I sighed because I already had an idea what this was about.

"I don't know, an hour or two."

"...fine.." he hung up the phone and I immediately knew that once I got back to his house there would be an issue. I knew a drama free-week was too good to be true.
-
Really short chapter 😩 I love giving y'all cliffhangers though 😂 What do you think is wrong with Mr. Cardenas? Why you think Odell's mad?🤔🤔😏