•27•

•27•

"Girl, I don't even know." I complained to Crystal as we sat on my couch. She was listening to me talk to her about what happened last night at Odell's place. "Well what if it was a gift? Like a surprise or something and he didn't mean for you to see it." I shook my head. "If it was a gift it would of had some type of wrap or something, it didn't even have a tag on it." Crystal shrugged. "That's sketchy, I just can't believe he actually asked you what the big deal was."

"I know! Like if you saw another mans' watch or something next to my bed, you wouldn't want to know why it was there?" Crystal nodded. "This is my fault, I rushed in to this too quickly." Crystal sat up then rubbed my back in attempt to comfort me. "I do think y'all went in to this a little too fast, but maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt, just this once. And if he fucks up again or does something you don't like then you should call every single last one of your brothers to handle that asshole." I laughed along with Crystal. I'll take her advice. I'll just forget about the bracelet situation..for now.

"Here." Crystal placed my ringing cell phone in my lap. I looked down and saw it was Odell. I sighed then put it back on the coffee table. Crystal gave me a look. "What?" I asked. Just because I was giving him the benefit of the doubt didn't mean that I had to talk to him right now. "Just answer it." I rolled my eyes then picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, calling you to see what our plans for tomorrow night are."

"Meet me at my place around six then I'll take us there." I explained to him in kind of a cold tone. "Alright cool, you have any idea of what I should wear?" he asked with a little chuckle. "No, dress normally I guess." I answered again in that cold tone. Then I heard him sigh. "You okay? If this is about last night then I-"

"It's not, I'm over it, I have to go." he sighed again. "Alright, I'll talk to you after practice." and with that, I hung up the phone.
~
"Yes ma'am." I basically sprinted to the kitchen to pick up this woman's order. The afternoon shift is usually always a little busy, but never like this. I decided I'd work day time shifts for the rest of the week because I had dinner with Odell and my brothers tomorrow night and Jarvis' engagement surprise party on Friday. It may have been a little harder, but I had to do what I had to do.

"Get this out to table six." one of the older waitress said to me. I nodded then took the tray from out of her hands. I walked to table six then began placing plates of food in front of customers. I then went back on my way to the kitchen. "Excuse me." I turned around and saw an unpleasant sight. Amber smirked then took her sunglasses off.

She was standing at the door, I'm assuming she wanted a table. I rolled my eyes then reached under the podium to grab a menu. "You want a stool or a booth?" I asked. She looked around. "I guess I'll take a stool." I turned around and led her to an empty spot. I pulled out my pad and pen once she sat down. "Can I start you off with something to drink?" I asked. She giggled then pulled out a stack of cash from her purse and slammed it on the counter.

"I bet you wish you were as successful as me." was she really in here trying to taunt me? That's probably her prostitute money. "How does it feel to know that I make more money than you in day that you make in a year?" I smirked. "It doesn't really bother me, drink?"

I won't allow this girl to get under my skin. She's not worth making a scene over, especially while I'm at work. "I hope you don't think you and Odell are lasting anything over a couple of weeks." I giggled. "So you just want to skip right over to lunch?" I asked. "Here skank." she got out of her seat then flung the money in my face. Loose bills flew all over the place, including in my face. For a moment I was calm, then I said fuck it and tried to charge at her.

Then I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I was jerked back. She smirked then walked out of the diner.

I can assure that she has no idea who she's messing with.
-
The disrespect😩 y'all think Alana could beat the breaks off Ms. Amber?😂😏