•22•

•22•

"Wait, so who all is in there?" I asked Odell the same questions basically over and over again. I couldn't help it though, I was really nervous. "Babe, it's just my mom and a bunch of other random people." I sighed then stopped walking. "What's wrong?" he stopped with me then asked. "I'm scared, I'm not ready to meet your parents." he shrugged. "My mom comes to all of my games, so if you're going to be my girl then you really don't have a choice." he chuckled a little then grabbed both of my hands. "She'll love you because you're gorgeous and sweet." he pecked my forehead. I sighed then nodded.

"Okay...am I over dressed?" he sighed then pulled me down the hall. He opened the door then let me in. I looked around and saw random people in one area of the room drinking and communicating. Near the seats was a lady sitting by herself on her phone. Odell guided me over to that lady. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and she smiled at him. "Hey son." she said then gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey mama," he replied then gave her some space to stand up. She turned to me. "Ma, this is Alana. The girl I told you about." She examined me which made me even more nervous than what I was when I first came in here. "Hello." she said then stuck her hand out. I smiled at her then shook it. "Lana, this is my mother, Heather."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said softly. "Same, my son hasn't been talking about you for too long, but when he does, he sure does seem to have a mouth full to say." I blushed then look up at Odell. "Alright ma, that's enough. I have to get back to the locker room to go and get changed, but-"

"Odell!" we all looked in the direction of the loud voice calling out for him. A tall brown skinned man walked in to the section with a smile on his face and a girl on his arm. "Juice!" Odell went up to him and they hugged. Ms. Heather guided me over to the two as we stood there and watched. "Mama Beckham." the guy said. "Hey Jarvis." she replied. This guy looked really familiar. And so did the girl standing next to him. He cut his eyes at me and his expression changed. "And you must be the lady who's got my boy ova' here goin' nuts." I blushed as he shook my hand. "Alana." I introduced myself.

"I know, you remember me? From the diner?" I immediately nodded once he refreshed my memory. He was one of the three couples at the diner the night I met Odell. That also explains where I know the girl standing next to him from. "Good, this is my beautiful baby, Tasha." he walked behind her then held her from the waist. "Hi." I said to her then put my hand out for her to shake. She shook it, but not in a way I was expecting. It was kind of like a nervous or shaky way. A little odd. I looked up at Odell and noticed how awkward and uncomfortable he looked. That's even more odd.

"Um, I'm going to the locker room now, but wish me luck." everyone nodded and did so. He grabbed me then pecked me on the lips. "Wish me luck." he whispered closely to me with one of those sexy ass half smiles on his face. "Good luck." I whispered back to him then let him go. He bit his lip then walked out. I turned back to the group. "Alright Ms. Alana, if you going to be wit my boy then you and I need to get to know each other." Jarvis said while putting his arm around my shoulder and leading me to some seats with Tasha and Ms. Heather. Hopefully I don't fuck up and say something stupid.
~
"That's what I'm talm' 'bout O!" Jarvis cheered. He had been standing up the entire time while watching the game. He was looking directly at the screen while Ms. Heather and I were sitting in seats watching the tv screen instead. Odell was doing really well. Only seventeen second left in the fourth quarter and they were up twelve points. Not to mention how Odell made two touchdowns in both the second and fourth quarter. I know all of his fans had to be proud of him. Even his haters had to admit that he was talented at what he did.

"How about your family?" Ms. Heather asked. This was just one of the many questions she had asked me since I got here. She's a really sweet lady and I don't take her curiosity for being nosey. I see it as her being concerned about the women who are coming in to her son's life. I think it's nice when a mom is protective over her son in that sort of way.

"Really close, it's me, my three older brothers, and my dad." she nodded then sipped her drink. "I know what it's like growing up around all boys," she rolled her eyes. "I bet they drive you crazy." I giggled.

"Of course."

"I'm going to grab another cup of..whatever this is, you want anything?" I shook my head. "No thank you." she nodded then got up. She called out from our row to a couple rows down. "Tasha, you okay?" Tasha turned around and nodded her head. She then looked at me then quickly turned her head away. What was her problem?

"Aye!" Jarvis cheered along with some other people who were also in this section. The game was over and the Giants won. It was nice being high enough, but yet still close, to watch all the fame roar in excitement as their team took home another victory.

I think I could get used to this.
-
Tasha above. How y'all feel about her? Little awkward between Odell and her, don't you think?🤔