•39•

•39•

"Eww, he just started grabbing you?" Crystal asked as I explained to her the situation that took place earlier today. I nodded. "Yea, but Sean came in out of no where and got him to leave." she shrugged. "That's good." said Crystal as she looked down at her nails. "Yup, he also apologized for being so rude to Odell when they met." she smirked. "I should probably apologize to Odell too after that whole situation at your house." I chuckled then shook my head. "Naw, I told him it was all my fault, don't worry about it."

Crystal pulled out her phone. It was ringing, but she rolled her eyes and ignored it. I had a feeling I knew exactly who it was. "Sean also told me to tell you that he was sorry." she looked up at me with concern. "Really?" I nodded.

"What did he do?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I don't want to talk about it." she sighed then walked to the back where Jonah was. I followed her because I really wanted to know what was going on. "Jonah, you have any idea what went on with Crystal and Sean?" Crystal rolled her eyes. "Alana, if you don't know then there's no way in hell he would know." Jonah looked at us confused.

"I mean, at the Christmas party last year they-"

"We already know that," I said interrupting him. "This is a recent thing she doesn't want to spill." he shrugged. "I have no idea then."

"Crystal, why can't we know?" I asked her. "Just tell us and we'll pretend like you
never did." she shook her head. "No guys, I don't want to share because it's honestly not all that important. It was something dumb and there's no need for it to be shared." I sighed. "Fine, whatever it is, don't tell me," I said. "But Sean apologizes for it and he's practically begging for you to return at least one of his calls." she shook her head. "Him and I have nothing to talk about..especially now." I shrugged. At least I tried. Whatever Sean did must've really fucked Crystal up to be that cold.

I walked back out and took a seat at the stool. Like always, it was empty tonight. Even Jacob didn't show up. My attention turned to the door as someone walked in. I smiled then walked around the counter. He hugged me then kissed my cheek. "What are you doing here Blondie?" he smirked.

"I'm here because I missed you, and I wanted to see if there still was a chance of me persuading you to spend the week with me." I giggled then shook my head.

He sighed. "Lana please, I promise I'll lock every door and bring the key under the mat inside just to be extra cautious." I smiled then pecked his cheek. "No, I don't even care about that anymore, I just..I just think-" I could even finish my sentence. I didn't have a really good reason why I didn't want to spend the week at Odell's house. I just didn't want to because I felt a little weird about it. Maybe it was because Jordan walked in on us having sex, maybe it wasn't.

"Just what?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe another week Odell." he sighed. "Fine, feed me?" I laughed. "Fine, what do you want?"
~
The sun was beaming down pretty hard today, but it was still nice outside. Odell called me this morning and asked me to meet him at a park near the dinner. I agreed so we walked his dogs and got ice cream. For the most part, I had fun.

"Hey babe, wait here for a second." I nodded then stop, causing Dre to stop with me. Odell took off his backpack reached inside it.

"Here, want something?" he pulled out two dog bone shaped cookies and tossed them to both Tzar and Dre. They barked once they received their treats. Then Odell pulled out a pill bottle and some water. He popped two of the pills then tossed the bottle back in the back. "What was that?" I asked him. He shrugged. "Just these pills the doctor gave me for my shoulder." he said then took a seat on the bench. He looked a little odd when he was taking his seat. I sat down next to him then rubbed his back.

"You okay baby?" he nodded.

"Yea, I'm good," he assured me. "Just these pills make me a little dizzy as soon as I take 'em. It'll stop in a minuet." I nodded then kissed his cheek. I grabbed his bag then pulled the pill bottle out to check it out myself. "Hydrocodone? We learned about this stuff in high school. It's really addictive Odell." he shrugged. "The doctor warned me about that Lana, I just really need something to help with this shoulder. I'll be safe, I promise." I thought about it for a minuet. "I don't know, there's nothing else you could do?"

"Listen, I'm just taking them for my shoulder, okay? Can you trust that I'll take care of myself? Please?" he pecked my neck repeatedly which caused me to giggle.

"Fine, I guess." he smiled.

"Good, c'mon, I'm ready to go."
-
Odell's shoulder must be pretty messed up for him to be on hydrocodone😳 Thoughts on this chapter?