•62•

•62•

I slammed the car door then walked into the police station with Ms. Heather. "Can I help you two ladies?" a woman dressed in uniform asked us from behind the front desk. "Yes, I'm here to pick up my son..Odell Beckham Jr." Ms. Heather said as we approached her.

"The football player, right?" we both nodded. "Umm actually that gentleman over there is already here to pick up your son." she pointed her finger behind us so we both took a look. Jordan was sitting there playing something on his phone. "Okay, thank you." I said to the lady then rushed over to Jordan. He must of sensed us coming because he immediately looked up from his phone. "Bruhcuz!" he got out of his seat then hugged me. I hugged him back. I have never been so happy to see him before in my life.

"How you been? I ain't seen you since you and O was being nasty- hey mama!" he stopped speaking once Ms. Heather approached the both of us. "Hey Jordan, you heard from my son?" he nodded.

"Yea, he called me when he got arrested. They going back there to go get him now." I sighed out of relief. As long as he was safe, I was good. "How long have you been waiting?" I asked. "Like twenty minutes, I don't know why it's taking them so long to go back there, open the door, then let him out." Ms. Heather sighed. "I don't think they just let you walk right out Jordan, probably stuff you have to do before you can leave." he nodded. "That would make sense."

"Maybe they have to-wait, there he go." Jordan pointed past us. Heather and I shot around and saw Odell being escorted from the back by a police officer with his hands behind his back. He looked a mess..and angry. "Odell." Heather mumbled then approached him. Jordan walked past me then approached him as well. I sighed then stepped a little closer to the three of them.

The cop took Odell's handcuffs off then walked away. Heather grabbed him by the face then began kissing him on the forehead. "My baby (*kiss*) are you (*kiss*) okay?" she asked frantically. He groaned then turned his head in another direction. "Yea ma, get off of me." she shook her head then hugged him tightly. "You had me so worried, I had no idea where you were." he shrugged. "I'm fine." he replied dryly. "You cool Bruhcuz?" Jordan stepped up and asked him. He nodded. "Thanks for coming to get me." Jordan blushed slightly. "No issue, how was the food back there?" Odell rolled his eyes and they landed on me.

I got nervous so I just looked down at my feet. Odell told me specifically to stay out of his business and I had no clue if this was considered being nosey. He sighed heavily then stepped up to me. To my surprise he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him and saw him smirking down at me. "Are you still mad at me?" he kept his mouth shut and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you." he whispered.

I was confused, but I decided to drop it. I knew he was only acting that way because of the medication. He would never say those things to me without being mentally fucked up for the moment. I hugged him back tightly and buried my head into his chest. "Thank you, I want you to know that I'm going to do better. Things are going to change." I looked up and smiled. "Really? How do you plan on doing that?" he shrugged. "Get off the pills for one, maybe just replace the urge with something else..I'll eat mints or something." I giggled then shook my head. "What about professional help, Odell?" he sighed.

"Let's not talk about this right here, take me home."
~
The both of us were laying in bed. "I'm sorry I flipped out on you like that, I didn't mean it." I nodded then played around with those huge fingers of his. "I know, it wasn't you." he leaned down then pecked my lips softly. I blushed then rested my head on his chest.

"I have a confession."

I looked up at him. "My shoulder is fine..and you were right." I sighed. "I guessed that, you're going to be okay though because I know this really nice facility that-" he sat up and shook his head. "No, no..I'm not going back to another rehab," he stated. "I'm staying home and dealing with this myself, I don't want to go." he looked blankly at the ceiling. "But don't you want help with this?" I asked. He looked at me and  grabbed my hand. "I got you, right?" I shrugged a little then nodded. "Yea, I just think it would be best if people who actually knew what they were doing could take care of you."

"I don't need them Lana, all I need is you to be your nosey little self and keep me away from the painkillers." he chuckled slyly then pecked my forehead. I didn't know how to respond to Odell. He was acting different. Not like before when he was on his pills, but different like he knew something I didn't.

"I don't get it, you basically want me to babysit you? And that's going to stop you from taking these things?"

He nodded. "Yea, I mean you've been doing that and you managed to get rid of most my supply..you can do it babe." I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't babysitting you before, I was just looking out for you." he chuckled. "Babysitting, looking out, being nosey, it's like the same thing...either way you were in my business." he propped his hands behind his head and rested back. "I'll admit that I was in your business, but that was only because you were trying to kill yourself." he rolled his eyes. "I wasn't though, stop trying to argue about the situation. You're starting to sound like a brat." I rose my eyebrow.

"Are you still high?"

He looked at me confused. "No."

"Didn't think so, no excuse for you to act like a jackass." I turned the other direction then laid down besides him. He sighed heavily. "Damn Lana, you getting all mad because I called you a brat? Stop being so sensitive." I didn't move or reply. I just shut my eyes tightly. Then I felt a pair of arms wrap around and pull me. "Gimme kiss."

I rolled my eyes then tried to fight him off. "Back up Odell."

I was about to get out of bed, but he just pulled me back down. "I'm sorry, okay?" he started to leave little pecks on my cheek and neck. "You're a brat, but you're my brat." still I laid there with no response. I guess he didn't care that I was upset because he stopped talking about it once he noticed I wasn't in the mood for his new attitude.

Somethings not right..not at all.
-
What do y'all think the issue is now? Y'all think Odell really done with the pills?🤔🤔