Chapter 44- Arcade

All rights to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 44- Arcade

***Amelia's POV***

I opened my eyes, stretched then sat up. I sat for a few minutes then focused my ears to listen to my favourite sound. I frowned. Why can't I hear it? I shrugged and then got ready for the day ahead. After showering and getting changed, I headed downstairs. I didn't bother having breakfast and sat myself in the family room. Uncle Emmett and Jacob were playing some video game and Uncle Jazz was sitting silently in the corner. I then got up and sat myself next to him.

"Hello Uncle Jazz." I said. He focused his attention on me before opening his mouth to speak.

"Hello Amelia. I guess you are curious to where Max is. Am I correct?" he said. I smiled. I was curious! Maybe he went hunting?

"Yes I am and you are at peace am I correct?" I said whilst concentrating on his feelings. He smiled.

"Max has gone shopping with Alice, Rose, Ness and Bella. And yes I am at peace I am trying to see what it is like to be peaceful like you." he replied. Max shopping? Seriously? Max doesn't go shopping! He complains more than me!

"Seriously he has gone shopping? Did Aunt Alice kidnap him? Because I am sure that we both know that he doesn't like to go shopping. And I think my peacefulness came with the fact I wasn't really feeling any emotions in the three months I was coming here." I said.

"Well you know how Alice is, she might've." he replied. That's true. But if she took Max how come she didn't take me? Something must be up.

"Why are you suddenly becoming suspicious?" He said.

"I am becoming suspicious because if Aunt Alice took Max shopping why didn't she take me?" I said. I nodded.

"I'm not sure maybe there was a reason?" He said. I thought for a minute and then looked into Aunt Alice's future. In about five minutes she should be home. That's weird because she spends the whole day shopping.

"Well, Aunt Alice should be home in about five minutes but the thing is that doesn't she spend the whole day shopping?" I said. Uncle Jasper shrugged. Something tells me that he knows something.... I shook my head then let it go. Then Dad came in the room. I looked in his mind to see that f there was any information kept there. I frowned. There wasn't! Unbelievable!

"That what is the real reason for them to go shopping and coming back in like five minutes?" I asked. Dad pursed his lips.

"Well... Alice took Max as well as the girls because apparently he needed more clothes and Max didn't want wake you up." Dad said. I felt like I was missing something but I just shrugged it off. It can't be something can it? After a few minutes I heard the familiar purr of Aunt Rose's car on the freeway and approach the drive. I walked to the front door and opened it at excellent timing because they were just about to open it. I am now ready to interrogate.

"Hey guys." I said and took a step back so they could pile in. I threw myself at Max and gave him a hug. He smiled and kissed me on the nose.