Chapter 63- complications

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chaper 63- complications

***Amelia's POV***

I didn't know what to do. Shall I run? Would they catch me? Would they stop me? I can't exactly use my powers because I remember being told that they would want someone like me with them for my powers, speed and strength. So I have to act puny right? Great I need to at least defend myself! I looked at the person in front knowing it was Aro. I tried not to wince at the look at his red eyes.

"Amelia it's great to finally see you." He said and then brought his hand forward for me to shake. I knew that if he touched my hand he would know every thought of mine. Everything that has happened to me. He would know I have been with the Cullens. I can't pull them into this. 

Maybe I could reflect his power... By using his power against him. I looked at impression. I could tell he was getting impatient.

"Um who are you?" I said innocently. I might as well play my role correctly right?

"I am Aro. The leader of the Volturi." He said with his hand still stretched out.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked refusing to shake his hand.

"Your mother, Hilary used to be one of us until she ran away. I was told that she had a daughter." He said. More like you found out by a simple handshake.

"Well then I am her daughter. I'm nothing useful honestly." I said.

"You are a hybrid. A rare species." He said.

"Oh okay. Well I don't have any powers or anything." I lied.

"Not even speed you came in here at a real fast rate faster then I have seen any vampire." He said. Oops. 

"Really? You think that's my power? Are you sure? Well I promise you it's not." I said.

"Aren't you going to shake my hand it is impolite not to." He said. He's not going to give up is he?

"Um what if I'm not polite?" I said.

"Amelia!" My mother said. Ah... she is going to be like you shouldn't be like that to elders... Elders my foot!

 Okay that's rude but I'm not exactly a happy bunny at the moment.

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes you do." He said and then reached forward to grab my hand but I flinched back.

"Jane." Aro said grimly. Who's Jane?

Uh oh. Before I could react agongising pain surged through my body weakening my every limb. I felt to the ground as the pain increased making me wish I was dead. Something I wished a long time ago.

I groaned and then shrieked at the pain I was feeling wanting so badly for it to stop but of course it wouldn't. After a minute of the unforgettable torture it went.