Chapter 56- awake

All rights to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 56- awake

***Max's POV***

It has been a day since Amelia has been unconscious. I hold her hand hoping that she wakes up. Yes, she is alive but I need to see her awake. I need to see those beautiful green eyes.

I miss her so, so much. And I am so guilty. I did this to her. But I will make it up to her. I absentmindedly rubbed circles on her cold hand. Then the room door opened.

"Max how long have you been with her for?" Damien asked. He must've just come back from school. Some of the family had to go but obviously I stayed. I even stayed the night. I couldn't leave her. She wanted to me stay so I will stay with her.

"Ever since she came here." I said to him and then looked at him. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Dude she'll be alright." He said to me.

"I know, I know. But I just can't believe I did this to her!" I said to him.

"You didn't know that this would happen." He said. I shook my head.

"I shouldn't have done anything in the first place. If I didn't get angry in the first place- at Nicolas this wouldn't have happened. He wouldn't want revenge!" I said.

"Well then... everyone makes mistakes and you learn from them." He said.

"I know but her nearly getting raped could of been avoided!" I said. I was still angry at that lowlife wanting to take her innocene for revenge? Who does that?

"But he didn't. And I heard that he is awake. So we could give him a little visit you know to make sure he's alright." He said. I first looked at him confused then got what he was saying.

"Do we have to now?" I asked.

"Well, the doctors might put him back to sleep..." He said.

"Who is going to stay with Amelia?" I asked. Then Ness came in.

"I'll stay with her." She said.

"What if she wakes up?" I asked.

"Then when you come back you could talk to her." She said. I sighed.

"C'mon Max you need to have a walk and freshen yourself up." Mum said and stood next to me after entering the room.

"Okay, okay. But tell me if she does." I said.

"We will." Mum reassured.

"C'mon Max let's go." Damien said. I nodded and then we left the room.

"Where is his room?" I asked.

"Just follow me." He said. I nodded and then followed him. After a while we entered his room. He was sitting on his bed. As soon as he saw us, he was wide eyed.

"Hey Nicolas." Damien said. His eyes looked as if they were going to pop out. I smirked at him.

"It's great to see you awake." I said.

"St-stay a-away f-from m-mm-me!" He stuttered.

"Why Nicolas what's wrong?" Damien said.

"Y-you a-are v-vampires!" He said. I changed my expression to make myself look concerned.

"We aren't vampires... what makes you think that?" I asked. He then was confused.

"You said that you were and then the wolf..." He trailed.

"Oh yeah the wolf but how does that relate to us being vampires?" Damien asked. The story we told was that he went into the forest to rape Amelia and then when we arrived I started to beat him up and since I was too angry no one could stop me but I didn't do any serious damage and then a wolf came and hit him to the ground. It was believable. And somewhat true.