Chapter 21

Leah's POV:

I wake up with a huge headache and my stomach hurts. What a great way to start the day. I groan grabbing a pillow and putting it over my head. I only have half an hour left to go to school. I think I'll stay home today. My parents aren't here anyways.

I take my phone and text Maggie. I was overreacting yesterday. I feel so bad that I'm just mad at her for spending time with Shawn but I can't help it. After I texted her, I take my laptop and watch The Walking Dead.

I watch a few episodes and now it's already 2 o'clock. School's over now. I'm feeling way better. Maybe I should call Shawn, we have to work on the project too. After about half an hour he comes over. I run to the door excited. Calm down Leah. "Hey Shawn!" I say opening the door.

"Hey Leah!" Already feeling better?" he greets me. "Yeah way better." I say walking to my room with him behind me. We lay on the bed on our bellies next to each other. "So did you understand?" Shawn asks after explaining something. I actually have no clue what he just said.

I was too busy staring at him and I'm not really good in chemistry. "Yeah of course!" I answer. He looks at me amused. "What?" "You didn't even listen to me." he laughs putting his head in his hand. "I did... I just don't understand." I sigh. "Come on, I'll tell you what to do. We don't have to finish everything today." he says smiling. Shawn reaches over to take the pencil and the book from me.

He brushes over my hand with his and I feel my cheeks immediately getting red. But he just continues to look into the book. Maybe I should tell him now? I move a bit to the side but don't realize that I'm already on the edge of the bed. "Woah" I say falling. Shawn reaches after me and holds me by my waist so I couldn't fall off.

His face is only inches away from mine. I start to slowly lean in. He doesn't move but suddenly his phone rings. Shit that's embarrassing. I'm probably red like a tomato now. He coughs and takes his phone out. "Oh that's Luc. I have to answer quickly." he says awkwardly. He goes out of my room.

„Fuck." I mumble to myself. Why did he have to call Shawn right now?! "Luc just told me that we have practice in about an hour for the game tomorrow." he explains coming in again. "Umm... I'm sorry but I have to go now. We'll work on the project another time." he adds smiling.

"Sure no problem." I say laughing slightly. It's so awkward now. "See you tomorrow Leah." "See you." I answer watching him walk away. Oh god. I need someone to talk. Maybe I'll tell Maggie everything tomorrow.

Shawn's POV: I reach over for the book and the pencil. I look into the book trying to explain her what we have to do. I see her move in the corner of my eye. "Woah." she says falling off the bed. But I hold her up by her waist.

I was about to laugh when she suddenly moves even closer to my face. Ummm... what she doing? She still comes closer. Is she going to kiss me? What? Why would she do that? Before our lips could touch, my phone rings.

Thank god. I wouldn't have known how to tell her that I don't want to kiss her. I look at the screen. It's Luc. I go out of the room to answer the call. "Hey buddy. We have practice in about an hour for the game tomorrow. Are you coming?" he asks. "Yeah sure. I have to tell you something." I quickly explain to him what happened earlier and he sighs.

"What? You know something that I don't know right?" I question confused. "What no! Maybe it was just a misunderstanding and she wanted to move onto the bed again." he answers. "Yeah you're right. See you later." "Bye." I walk back into the room to tell her that I have to go. "See you tomorrow. "See you." she answers.