Chapter 52

Maggie's POV:
"Could you please pick me up? I only have half an hour left to get ready the for our double date." I ask not wanting to talk about my emotional state now. Am I okey?

My best or ex best friend got shot, my step father would gladly beat the hell out of me, I get messages from a stranger saying he wants me and not to forget I'm totally going to fail in maths if I don't learn more.

I have to repeat my senior year without all of my friends if I fail the class. Can I call that okey? "Maggie..." He sighs. "Can you please pick me up now?" I say my voice cracking. Shit. I'm not going to cry now. "I'm there in 5 minutes." He says quickly and hangs up.

Shawn's POV:
It sounded like she's was on the verge of tears. It breaks my heart to see her sad. But something is wrong with her lately. I noticed that she got way more jumpy since I saved her from that stranger.

I have this weird feeling that something bad is going to happen. But why would something happen? I'm probably just getting paranoid. Hopefully. After a few minutes I arrive at the hospital. As I get out of the car I see girl sitting against the wall of the building with her head in her hands.

Oh god that's Maggie. I run towards her and kneel down. "Honey? Look at me." I whisper while taking her hands away from her face but she turns her face away from me. "Hey Maggie you know that you don't need to hide from me. It's okey. Come here." I put her on my lap and hug her tightly.

She wraps her arms around me and puts her head on my shoulder, my hand stroking her back to calm her down. After a while she looks up and I smile down at her.

"What about we tell Luc and Shelley that we are going to cancel the date today and do it another time?" I ask while playing with a strand of her hair. She wipes her eyes and sighs. "No... I want to go but I'll tell Shelley that I need a bit more time." Maggie answers sniffling.

"Okey." I whisper and kiss her hair. "It's all going to be okey. Don't worry." I promise her. She leans her head on my chest and hums. "You know what?" she mumbles tugging at the hairs on my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"I love to listen to your heartbeat." she continues. "Hmm." I hum chuckling. "And I love when you do that." I say pointing to her hand which is stroking the back of my head through my curls. "Me too." She says followed by a hiccup. "Aww." I laugh. "That's not *hiccup* funny." she states crossing her arms.

"Of course." I say and stand up pulling her with me. I press a kiss to her sweet lips and she hiccups again, making her groan. "Come on, love." I laugh and we walk to the car.
————————————————————————
"Shaaawn." I hear Maggie call from the bathroom while I'm lying on her bed, waiting for her to finally finish. "Yeah? " I ask sighing. She's looking for a dress to wear for more than 20 minutes now. I mean why is it so difficult?

She looks great in everything but she won't listen to me. "Could you help me for a second?" I hop off the bad and stroll into the bathroom, finding Maggie in front of the mirror. Struggling with the back of her dress she sighs and gives up. "Let me help you." I say smiling at her through the mirror.

Gently, I pull the zipper of her deep blue dress. My fingers grazing her soft skin causing goosebumps to appear on her arms. I look at her in the mirror making her blush. I love to have this affect on her. The dress fits perfectly on her upper body. A silk loop wrapped around her waist.

"You are beautiful." I whisper into her ear and kiss it lightly. "Thanks." she says and bites her lower lip. "You don't look bad yourself, Mendes." she smirks eyeing my simple outfit up and down which consists of a black jeans, a navy green shirt and a black jacket.
"Thanks hunny." I laugh and turn her around.

I cup her cheeks with my hands and lean down connecting our lips. "I still have to put my makeup on Shawn." she mumbles and pushes me back a bit. "No." I state. Maggie looks at me confused.

"Why?" "You don't need it. You are beautiful." I say smiling. "Shawn, just let me okey? I don't like to go out without any makeup." she sighs. Well, too bad if you don tell have makeup." I say and grab her makeup bag to run away with it. "Shawn!" she groans following me.