Chapter 97

Maggie's POV:
"What are you doing here? How do you even know where I'm living." Shawn grumbles, stepping in front of me. "Hey don't be so rude. You asked me to come." Lynn defends herself, twirling her strawberry blonde hair.

„I did not! Maggie listen, don't believe a word she is saying. I didn't ask you to come, leave now!" Shawn almost yells, his jaw clenching as he steps closer to her.

„Of course, you didn't. Have fun with her, I just wished you would have had the guts to tell me face to face." I snap, not caring about the tears which are constantly rolling down my cheek anymore.

„You heard her babe. Come on." Lynn laughs, walking into the house. I only turn around, starting to head home. "Maggie wait!" "Shawn leave it." I reply.

„Maggie! Could you please listen?" Shawn asks, catching up to me. He takes my hand but I pull it away. I don't want to hear any of this it wasn't you I just don't love you like I used to bullshit.

„Shawn, I don't want to hear it." I hiss, trying to wiggle out of his grip but he just tightens it. "When I didn't believe you, you wanted to explain to me too and now you don't let me talk! Don't make the same mistake as me, just listen please." Shawn begs.

I shake my head, ripping my arm away from him and start to walk again. "God Maggie I can't believe you!" I hear him shout, slightly angry. Angry? I should be the one who's angry not him! "Why are you always so stubborn?" He mutters.

„Stubborn? What does the fact that you are cheat I get on me have to do with being stubborn. What do you expect from me? Can it be more obvious than her showing up in front of your house?" I shout, feeling the anger rising up in me. He acts like I don't have the right to be angry!

„What fact? Maggie I'm not cheating on you for gods sake! I have never and I'm never going to to that. I love you! Only you Maggie. Don't you have the slightest bit of trust in me?" He shouts back, frustratedly pulling on his hair.

„I did trust you Shawn but you kept acting weird, you hid your phone from me ask quick as possible, I saw the text and now she's here!
How should I trust you now!" I yell.

I rub the sleeves of my sweater over my red face. My cheeks heated up from all the crying and shouting. Shawn exhales deeply, stepping towards me. "You mean the text, am I right?" He asks as calmly as possible, showing me the chat I saw earlier.

„Yes!" I state, rolling my eyes. "Call her." He says, handing me his phone. "Wha-" "Just call her." He snaps, crossing his arms. Frowning I press the button. Is he serious right now? "Put it on speaker." He demands.

After a few rings the she picks up but my eyes grow wide as I recognize the voice but it's not Lynn's. "Hey Camila." Shawn greets, looking deep into my eyes the whole time. "Hey Shawn! I don't really have time right now, is it important?" Camila asks.

Yes. Camila Cabello. My absolute favourite singer. "You remember how I told you about my girlfriend who's a big fan of yours right? I just wanted to know if the surprise I planned is possible?"

„Of course! I'm coming to Canada before you are leaving for tour. I would love to get to know the girl who makes my friend happy." She answers sweetly. My mouths hangs open as I realize what's going on. The text wasn't from Lynn.

C is standing for Camila. Oh god. "Thank you Camila! God luck with your concert toady." Shawn says and hangs up after Camila said Bye. He puts his phone in his pocket, a silence between us as I don't dare to look into his eyes. Now I get why he's angry. God, I'm so stupid.

„I wanted to surprise you before I have to leave. That's why I saved her only with a C, so if you see my phone you don't know who it is. And if you are wondering how I got to know her, she was performing at the same location where I was. She's a friend Maggie, nothing more."

I keep my head down but nod anyways. "And you looked trough my phone?" he asks, sounding disappointed. I sigh, wiping the last tears away before I finally look up to him. An unreadable expression on his face as he waits for my answer, even though he already knows.

"I'm sorry, Shawn. I didn't know." I say, my voice cracking. "I even told you how annoying Lynn is and you still believe I have something with her." He says.

I look down again feeling horrible for jumping to conclusions and not trusting him enough to know he wouldn't do something like that. "I think it's better if I drive you home now." He sighs, walking towards the front door.

"Shawn-" "No Maggie. Don't say anything." He replies. "And you! I want you out of this house in ten seconds or you'll honestly regret ever coming here!" Shawn shouts at Lynn who is now sitting shocked on the couch.

Without saying a word she stands up and walks out. Shawn grab his keys and heads to his car, expecting me to follow. I sit in the car and he starts it, looking straightforward onto the road, not giving me a glance.

I sink into the seat, tears welling up again but I just try to ignore it. The rest of the car-ride is filled with silence but don't break it since Shawn looks really mad.

He grips the steering wheel thight and his neck vein is showing. Why was I so stupid? "We are here." Shawn says, pulling me out of my thoughts.