Chapter 76

Shawn's POV:
I wait for her to continue, already knowing what she wants to talk about. „Shawn listen, I love you more than anything okey? I know it took me quite a while to realize it but you are my everything.

Yes, the kiss was real but not like you think... I didn't see my ex for almost two years and suddenly he showed up at my house, wanting me back." Maggie says, grabbing my hands.

„Shawn he kissed me. I didn't kiss him back but he was stronger than me. I even told him that I have a boyfriend but he didn't care. Please, believe me. I wouldn't cheat on you-." I cut off her rambling by kissing her passionately.

I cups my cheeks while she runs her hands up my chest to my neck, resting them there. After a few seconds she pulls away, a small smile playing on my  lips. I believe her. I know now that she would never do something like that to me.

I shouldn't have overreacted like that. "I love you. I'm sorry that I reacted like that. I should have trusted you. Can you forgive me?" I whisper. „Of course." she says, smiling. I return the smile and lean towards her again but before my lips could meet hers the door swings open, causing me to sigh.

"Thank god! The lovebirds are back together." Luc cheers, walking in along with Leah, Shelley, Emma, Aiden and Jackson who embrace Maggie all in a hug. "Don't ever scare us like that again." Leah says, sitting down im a chair besides her bed. 

Maggie smiles at them slightly, probably hoping that they won't ask her about it. Gladly they don't. It would has just put her under pressure. "What about you two?" Maggie asks Shelley and Luc, chuckling.

"He finally accepted that I was right." Shelley states proudly. "Yeah... I'm really sorry Maggie. I just didn't know what to think." Luc says, nervously scratching his neck. "It's okey." Maggie answers, giving him a reassuring smile.

We sit there for a while talking about this and that. Aaliyah and my mom came to with the news that Aron got arrested and Maggie's aunt and mom are already informed about everything.

Her aunt is on her way to Canada with Melody and as soon as Maggie can get out of the hospital she can visit her mom, who can't come here because of her health state. Right now, Maggie is talking with her on the phone, trying to calm her down.

It's so cute how she struggles to stay awake while talking. She must be extremely exhausted but I'm glad that everything is okey now. "Okey bye mom. Love you." She says, putting her phone on the nightstand. Her head falls back immediately, making me chuckle. "Is there someone tired?" I tease her, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Mhmm." she hums, rubbing her eyes. "When are you going? You must be tired too." she mumbles, looking at me with half closed eyes. "I'm not going anywhere Maggie." I say and place a kiss on her forehead and lips.

"But you really don't have to, Shawn." Maggie whispers. „I know but I want to." As I was about to go back to the chair, I feel her pulling me back. „Then come here." she mumbles, patting the spot next to her while moving a bit over.

I look at her unsure if it's a good idea. „Please." she pouts, her gaze meeting mine. How should I resist that? Carefully, I lie down on the bed. She puts her head onto my chest and I wrap my arm around her shoulder. I pull the sheets over her, hand rest my head on hers.

"Goodnight love." „Goodnight Shawn." she says yawning and after a few seconds I could already hear her breathing steady and slow.

I grab my phone to tell my parents that I'm staying here when I notice a message from the same number that sent me the picture of Maggie and her ex. Frowning, I click onto the message.
.
Unknown: Since I didn't get an answer to the picture, I guess you saw how less she cares