13

The next morning Jade woke up confused as to why she was in an unfamiliar room, of course until she remembered last night. She sat up, yawned, and stretched as the sun shined through the large multi-colored glass pane wall-window. Jade tossed the blanket off of her and put her legs over the side of the bed. Jade hears footsteps coming from behind her, Four. He smiles at her, "How're you feeling?" He asks, setting a few things on a table a good few feet in front of the bed.

"Sore but better." Jade replies attempting to fix her curly bed-head while Four had his back turned. "That's good." He says, he turns to look at her. She ceases the hair fixing, "Where'd you go with your brother yesterday? I saw you guys leaving Dauntless." He asks, "We went to Amity." Jade answered carefully, Four laugh-scoffs again. "What is it getting a little boring for you two here?" He asks, "Not at all. We just . . . missed our parents that's all." Jade lied, they did miss them but they went for more then just that. "So you broke the faction systems rules just to see them?" Four questions, Jade could see the suspicion on his face.

"Yes we did, and if you ask me I think the whole faction before blood thing is ridiculous. And if me and my brother get in trouble for seeing the two people that brought us into this world then so be it." Jade tells him, but he didn't look completely convinced. "If I were you, I wouldn't be so worried about getting into that kind of trouble. I think you and your brother got more important things to worry about, right?" Four asks, and in that moment Jade realized her instructor knew. He knew about Miles's Divergence and now he definitely seemed certain of her own. She quickly excuses herself from his room and heads to the cafeteria for breakfast. On her way there, and even in the cafeteria, she couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes watching her. Eventually she spots Christina and takes a seat right beside her, "Oh hey," Christina says and examines Jade. "Is that your sweater?" Chris questions looking down at the sweater Jade had on, she looked down and realized she still had on Four's sweater. "No." Jades answers nervously as a few moments of silence go by, "Soo?," Chris starts, "What happened to you last night?" She asks.

"Oh nothing I just-," Jade is cut off by the feeling of someone touching her shoulder. She jumps and looks behind her, it was Al. "Jade c-can I talk to you for a second?" He asks, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, I-I don't know what's wrong with me. Is there any chance that you'd ever forgive me?" He says as Jade rose carefully from her seat. He stares at her with hope in his eyes. "You're more crazy then I thought you were if you think I'd ever forgive you for what you did." Jade says, Al's beat up face contorts into sadness. And that hopeful look fades. "Tris is in the infirmary because of you. We both considered you a friend and you wanna turn around and pull some shit like that? and then expect to be forgiven?! Really?!?" She rhetorically asks, she could now see the tears falling from Al's eyes.

"I want you to stay away from my brother, I want you stay away from Tris, I want you to stay away from Christina, I want you to stay away from Will and most certainly make sure you stay the hell away from me because Al, the next time you even come close I'll actually get the job done unlike you and your new little friends could." Jade threatens even though tears fell from her own eyes. She looked around to realize the whole cafeteria quieted, and were now listening in. Al turned to take his leave but was stopped but a figure standing in his way, Miles. The two males looked at eachother, "You're the one who put her in the Infirmary..?" Miles questions with anger and sadness beginning to lace his words, his eyes remained glued on Al for that moment on. And, seeming from the way he spoke he must've just came from seeing Tris in the infirmary. "Miles, p-please I didn't, I-I never meant to hurt Tris or your sister!" Al tried to explain, but he ended up making it worse for himself. "you went after my sister too?! It's like you're asking to get your fuckin' jaw broken!! And actually.. Speaking of broken, you broke Tris's arm to the point her own bone pierced through her skin from the inside! Like, what the hell man!" Miles raises his voice.