51

-August 4th-

~Third Person~

Later that Sunday, Tobias and Natalie left Lauren and Liam's apartment, and Tobias tells Natalie he'd meet her at their apartment after he spoke with a certain someone. She asks who, "My bestfriend, Alexander. It's been awhile since I've seen or heard from him so, I'm gonna see what's up." He tells her, lying, in a sense. It's true that he hadn't seen him in about a month but, he wasn't going to see him to see how he was doing. He was going because he knew exactly how he was doing, with Tris. He was going so he could try and talk some sense into one of his very good friends.

"Can I come with you? I've never officially met your bestfriend, even though he's knocked me down once because of you." She asks him, he shakes his head. "No, and actually, to be completely honest, I don't want you to meet him. At least not yet. He looks like me but with blue eyes. He'll steal you away from me with just his looks," He says, obviously joking, and Natalie rolls her eyes, "And plus, I know his type, and you match every check box. Curly headed brunette with light eyes. And I'd rather not have my bestfriend fall in love with my future wife. I'll have to get rid of him, and I actually like the guy." Tobias adds, and his girlfriend pecks his lips. "First of all, no matter how much he looks like you, he could never be you. Which means, he could never steal me away. But fine, I'll let you go, don't take too long." She says to him, "I won't. Oh and tell my mother we got kicked out, and that she and my sister are gonna be sleeping at Lauren's and your brother's tonight." He asks of her, and she nods, and he leans in and places his lips passionately onto hers. Natalie kisses him back, and embraces him. He laughs, "Calm down I'll only be gone for a few minutes. Tops." He responds to her, hugging her tight.

"I know, it's just, I love you." She tells him, and he smiles during their embrace. "I love you too." Tobias returns, kissing her head, and from there the two parted ways. Natalie went back to their apartment, to be greeted by her soon to be in-laws, and Tobias walked to the other side of Dauntless, to his bestfriend's apartment. He knock's on the door, and the door opens, and Alexander lights up at the sight of Tobias. They do their long little special handshake.

They exchange small talk, but eventually, it was time to get down to the real point of his visit. "Tell me it isn't true though Alex. Are you seeing Beatrice?" He finally asks, and Alex steps out his apartment and closes the door as if someone was inside. "Oh. My. God. She's in there right now, isn't she? I told you the girl's obsessed with me." Tobias whisper-shouts, and Alex tries to shush him. "Calm down, I'm not seeing her. And what does her being obsessed with you have to do with her being in my bed?" Alex questions, "You're banging her?? And that? Has everything to do with her being in your bed, you look like me! She's trying to get to you, to get to me. And she almost did, since I was going to have you hold onto a ring for me." Tobias explains, and Alex nearly continues their argument until he heard the words ring. "A ring? You mean like an engagement ring?" He asks, and Tobias nods with a smile.

"You're gonna propose to Natalie?! Oh my god man, this is big!" Alex gets excited, and the two bestfriends hug. Alex releases, "I'm happy for you! I mean, she's pretty hot, I'd fuck around and marry her too." He jokes, earning him a playful jab to the chest from his bestfriend, "See? it's comments like those that make me not wanna ask you to be my best man. And you wonder why you're not gonna officially meet her until our wedding." Tobias replies, and Alex laughs. "Oh? So you don't trust me?" His bestfriend asks him, and he shakes his head. "No, I trust you. It's just, my woman is beautiful on the inside just as much as she is on the outside. And as I said to her, explaining why she can't meet you, I'd rather not have my best-mate fall in love with my future wife." Tobias explains, and Alex raises his eyebrows.

"She wants to meet me? Well, come on, I wanna meet herr, she wants to meet mee. Let's make it happen." - " Okay first of all, you're talking like I'm introducing you to a single friend of mine. This is my girlfriend man." Tobias interrupts, and Alex puts his hands up. "Alright alright, no more jokes. You're like the brother I never had, I'd never cross that line with you. Natalie is off limits, as she's always been. And in all seriousness, I'd love to meet her, as your girlfriend." Alex finally gets serious, and Tobias smiles. He agrees to bring him over for a Sunday to meet Natalie and most likely her brother's too. "Alex? Who's at the door?" Tobias hears from inside his bestfriend's apartment. "That's my cue. I'll see you then, and hopefully without you being associated with all of that in there." Tobias comments, fist bumping his friend before heading off out of sight.