16

Four pulls her away and out of sight from all of her friends and even away from everybody in the cafeteria. He pulls her down the same hall that lead to his apartment in Dauntless. Once they turned into the same hallway the lead to the chasm Jade crossed her arms and avoided eye contact with him. "What were you doing with Eric huh?" Four asks upset, she could see his fists were clenched and a vein was popping out of his neck. "Four our relationship started yesterday, I wouldn't do that to you. Trust me it's not like that." - "Oh yeah? Then what's it like Jade?" He asks impatiently.

"He saw me coming out of your apartment and assumed that I was sleeping with you. I told him I wasn't and then he went on about, ..." She trailed off and looked up at him, tears pricking at her eyes. "About what?" He asks a bit calmer then moments before, due to her expression. "He told me about all these girls you were with before me. He told me their names, their original factions, and how you treated them. He also went into detail about how all you want from a girl is sex." Jade explains, beginning to suck the former tears back into her eyes. "And Four the reason I'm speaking like I believe him is because he explained everything very specifically and very confidently. I watched and listened to him carefully, and he didn't look or sound like he was lying. Please tell me he is." Jade nearly begs, she has grown to not like but love everything about Four so the news of all this being true would ultimately crush her heart. Four shakes his head and steps closer to her, Jade stops him by putting a hand on his chest.

Four nods understandably and looks at her, "If all of this was the truth I would've told you this yesterday. I would've informed you that I wanted nothing serious to come out of us and that all I wanted was just one night. I also would've come clean and told you about all these 'other girls'. When I kissed you on my balcony I could've tried to pressure you into sex the moment I carried you inside and laid you on my bed. But I didn't. I didn't do not one of these things and you wanna know why?" Four asks, Jade looks at him curiously and nods. "Because I would rather spend a lifetime with you then just one measly night full of lust and meaningless sex. I would rather have just one girl, then all the girls in the world. I would rather sleep next to you every night then sleep with you for just one. Jade, I am not that type of guy, and just because one insufferable piece of shit tells you otherwise does not mean It's true." Four tells her, and by the time he said her name she was already convinced. Jade looks to the ground ashamed of herself for believing that pierced devil. "God, I'm so sorry," she says softly, putting her face into her hands, "it's just, Eric has obviously been here longer then I have, and I wanted to be sure and I wanted to know things about you that I don't usually have the guts to ask and I just," - "Jade." Four interrupts her and she slowly looks up into his chocolate brown eyes. "I feel like a total idiot." - "Natalie," he says, "you're not an idiot. You had every reason to do what you did. Like you said once before, we barely know each other yet. Eric manipulated, and convinced you." Four finishes.

"That... makes me feel a whole lot better thanks," - "Eric tends to do that, And I want you to know I don't blame you. If the shoe was on the other foot I think I'd do the same." Four attempts to reassure, "I mean, who wouldn't wanna know everything about their significant other? Like right now, I wanna know every little thing about you just as much as you wanna know everything about me. I, myself, would want to know if the person I choose to spend the rest of my life with is trustworthy, honest, but most importantly, willing to be loyal, and one hundred percent faithful. So trust me when I say I don't blame you." Four finishes, and by the time he begun Jade was already smiling from cheek to cheek.

"You know exactly what to say to a girl in any and every situation don't you?" Jade asks looking down with rosy red cheeks, Four admires the beautiful brunette in front of him. "And I'm gonna be completely honest with you, that's just one of the many things about you that I'm starting to fall for. I want you to know that you don't have anything to worry about. You don't have to worry about any other guys coming in and swooping me off my feet. Honestly, the only guy you'll ever have to worry about with me is my obnoxious twin brother. And that's just because he wants to protect me." Jade warns him, Four nods. "I know, I'll talk to him about it. I'll let him know that I mean no harm and that what me and him want is the same, we both want you safe, emotionally and physically." Four says, Jade was heart warmed by his comment and her facial expression surely showed it. "And I'm not just saying these things just to say them Natalie, I mean every word I say to you." Four states firmly. Jade looks into his eyes fondly and smiles spread across both their faces.