25

"How the hell did Eric get dad's ring?" Miles asks his sister, "He claims he got it from the lost and found, but I don't believe him." Jade tells him, and Four shakes his head, laugh-scoffing. "Good thing you don't because there is no lost and found in Dauntless," Four says. Jade rolls her eyes at the fact Eric lied to her, again. "He's supposedly obsessed with me but yet he acts like a manipulative, controlling bag of dicks around me. It doesn't make any sense. I'm almost convinced he likes seeing me upset." Jade says, as Four hands her mother's ring back. "And plus the fact he doesn't even have the decency to give you back the ring. Like a normal fucking human being would, especially after the fact you told him what's engraved on the inside." Miles says in a huff, and then double takes Jade.

"You did tell him right?" - "of course I told him Miles. I told him before he even took the ring off to check. The bastard didn't even know it was there til I told him." Jade explains in frustration at Eric's actions. "What does it say?" Four asks, obviously curious. "Family, before faction. J + A .H." Both Jade and Miles say in unison, and they even both look at eachother surprised in unison, while Four looks at the both of them in amusement. "And to think there's another one of you guys." Four says in a playful manner, making them laugh. "I honestly wonder what he looks like, all I'm picturing is another Miles." He adds on, making Miles laugh harder.

Jade didn't laugh because she remembered something. She remembered that there was one person she once thought could've been their sibling. She ponders for a moment, and then decides to get her boyfriend and brother's opinion on it. "I'm not gonna lie, I used to think I was going to be job training right beside him." Jade says, and the two look at her confused. "What are you saying Nat?" Miles questions her. "I'm saying, I was almost convinced Liam was our brother, until I didn't see the ring. He also told me something about an aunt he has so, I'm not sure." Jade explains.

Miles scratches his head, "I mean, I can see a resemblance now that you've said something. And he is divergent like us. But, there's an obvious deal breaker, it's his name." Miles points out, and Jade shakes her head. "He could've changed his name Miles. And actually, now that I think about it. . ." Jade trailed off as if she was having an epiphany, "he could've split the name William in between the two L's, you get Wil- and -Liam." Jade gasped in realization, "I think it is him. It just has to be him." She says. "And I got just the idea to see if he is, all we need to do is get that ring back." Jade adds. "Alright then, lets go find that son of a bitch." Four responds, and begins to head in the direction of the last place they saw him. The two siblings follow Four as they entered the training room, each of them scan the room in search for their cold hearted leader.

They spot Lauren and decided to approach, and they asked if she had saw Eric. "Yes unfortunately, he's right other there, better hurry though cuz it looks like he's heading out the back exit." She confirmed, and pointed to the exit that lead outside, Eric had just begun walking towards it. "Hey shit-stain!" Jade calls out and to her surprise, the blond stops in his tracks, and turns on his heels as the group of three approach. "Oh wow, you actually listened to me for once. I gotta admit, it's pretty funny how you think either of them is going to make me cough up this ring." Eric says to Jade, and Four gently holds his girlfriend back and gets into the leaders face. For a moment he just glares into his eyes, with his jaw clenched. He crosses his arms, "Eric. . . why are you doing this?" He questions, "What's the real reason you're keeping something from this family?" Four also asks. He doesn't answer, "It can't be just because you want something I have. Or, I should say," Four peers beside him, at Jade.

"Someone I have." He clarified, looking Eric up and down in disgust. Eric rolls his eyes just before a smile curled up onto his face. "Oh no, that's definitely a reason, but it's surely not the only reason." Eric finally confesses. Jade scoffs, "oh wow, so now you wanna grow some balls and be honest. You do realize you want someone who's already in love with someone else right? You do realize me and you, will never happen right?" Jade asks him, and Eric just smiles some more. Even though his eyes told a different story in that moment. "We'll see about that. Like I said to him, I have my ways when it comes to what I want." Eric responds, and he manages to reach out gently, and oh so slightly caresses Jade's jaw with his hand.