Chapter Thirteen

Been running from this feeling for so long
Telling my heart I didn't need it
Pretending I was better off alone
But I know that it's just a lie
So afraid to take a chance again
So afraid of what I feel inside

But I need to be next to you

-Need to be next to you by Leigh Nash-

-Chase-

The Amazon is crying again. She's tough but emotional. This is the second time I saw her cry. First was because she was mad and now she was terrified. That fortune teller was a whackjob and there it goes again about me being Kace's dreamboy.

"Tell me what happened." I asked while cradling her. I took to her my condo as it is nearer and to make her calm down before taking her home. I looked at her arms and there were red marks.

"Nagpahula ko. She asked my name and birthday, binigay ko tapos biglang namuti ang mata niya after I chose 5 cards. Hinawakan niya ako habang nagsasalita ng paulit-ulit."

"What did she tell you?"

"Hindi daw ikaw ang lalaki sa panaginip ko. Iisa ang mukha pero magkaiba sila."

"See? Told you they were a bunch of
crap."

"You know what? She was telling the
truth, Chase."

"You think so?"

"Oo. Ikaw ang lalaki sa panaginip ko pero magkasalungat kayo. He was a typical boy next door pero ikaw naman badboy."

I stilled as what she said puzzled me. It can't be happening.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she must have felt it. I can see worry on her eyes.

"Nothing. Will you be alright? I'll get you a drink." She nodded and I let her seat on the sofa.

I got water from the fridge and as I poured water on the glass... I can't seem to get her words off my mind.

"Oo. Ikaw ang lalaki sa panaginip ko pero magkasalungat kayo. He was a typical boy next door pero ikaw naman badboy."

Is it possible? No. Just thinking about it is insane. Her dreamboy is gone.

"Chase." I heard her call out from the living room and I went back to hear.

"Sabi nila Maui, nasa ospital na yung manghuhula. May nervous breakdown siya."

"That explains why. Here. Are sure you're not hurt?" I asked softly and her brown eyes stared at me.

"Yeah." She replied which is almost like a whisper and angled her head that our faces are so close to each other.

My eyes went to her lips. Damn. I shouldn't have tasted those. I had to fight the urge to deepen the kiss yesterday. I hate to give in but to hell with it.

My hands went to her face and was about to pull her face to mine when her phone rang then she jumped away from me to answer it.

"Shit." I cursed softly and shoved my hands into my hair in frustration.

"Hello Mama Cel. Yes okay lang po ako. Kasama ko si Chase." She said while trying to avoid my eyes.

She ended the call and we stood like two idiots not knowing what to do. I swear I could see a tumbleweed pass by.

"Can I use the restroom?" She ran before I even got the chance to tell her that she need not ask for my permission.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

What the heck happened back there?

Kissing Kace was a mistake and she might do something stupid like fall in love with me. Shit. Or I might. Double shit!