Chapter Thirty Eight

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?

Say yes, say yes 'cause I need to know

You say I'll never get your blessing 'til the day I die

Tough luck, my friend, 'cause the answer's still 'No"

-Rude by Magic-

-Chase-

This is it. I have waited for a year and I am not backing out now.

She was breathtakingly beautiful tonight in her black corset dress and heels. She was every bit of a woman now and I am a proud boyfriend. I mean who wouldn't be?

Been waiting for this day so I told the waiter to give her my note so we can see each other at the garden.

I'm going to propose to my Amazon Girl. Who would've thought?

As I was walking near the garden when I heard voices like someone arguing with Kara.

I hurried my steps and saw Kara in between two adults.

"Mommy, ano ba ang pinagsasabi mo?!" She asked.

"We are leaving in a week to the US and that's final."

So that's her mother and she's planning to take her to the US?!

What the hell is happening?! She never mentioned a vacation or migrating?!

"Honey?" I asked and walked towards her. She looks distressed and confused so I pulled her away while her mother and the stranger were still talking angrily at each other.

"Chase... Yyuunng lalaki na kasama ni Lucia pala ay aking ama..." She said and tears were on her beautiful face.

"Ttttaaapos ssi Mmoommy dadalhin niya ako sa Amerika. Ayyookoo..." I held her tight and pulled out my phone to text Jay to bring Mama Cel out here. She can sort this out.

"At sino kang lalaki ka? Why are you holding my daughter?" Her mother said when she finally realized I was there.

"Mommy... Siya si..." Before Kara can finish her sentence , I decided to introduce myself.

"I am Chase Scott. Your daughter's boyfriend. This is not the meeting I had expected but I am glad to have finally meet you." I said nervously.

"Boyfriend? Am I hearing right? Kara, is this true? Kailan ka pa nagka-boyfriend ha?" She asked and I can sense Kara's hesitation so I butted in again.

"We're together for two years and since you're here now, I would like to ask for your daughter's hand." I can see the shock or more likely the horrified look on her mother's face.

"Ay umoo ka na Karina para magka-apo na ako!" We heard Mama Cel's voice and was walking towards us.

"Ma! So alam mo ito? Ikaw ang kumukonsinti sa batang ito?!"

"Oo I consented her to have a boyfriend at nakita kong hindi ito balakid sa pag-aaral niya. Teka bakit andito ka Eduardo?"

"Nakikiusap lang po ako Mama Cel na makita ang anak ko pero ayaw pumayag ni Karina at dadalhin pa siya sa Amerika." Replied Kara's father.

"Dadalhin mo ang apo ko sa Amerika na di nagtatanong sa akin?"

"Ma, hindi ka rin nga nagtanong sa akin if okay lang magboyfriend ang anak ko! Tapos ngayon gusto mo na siyang ikasal?"

"Oo bakit? Kailan ka pa naging concerned sa anak mo? Iniwan mo siya sa amin dahil ayaw mong maalala ang panloloko ng lalaking iyan tapos babalik ka para kunin siya?"