Chapter Fifty

It's the hardest thing

I'll ever have to do

To look you in the eye

And tell you I don't love you

It's the hardest thing

I'll ever have to lie

To show no emotion

When you start to cry

I can't let you see

What you mean to me

When my hands are tied

And my heart's not free

We're not meant to be

It's the hardest thing

I'll ever have to do

To turn around and walk away

Pretending I don't love you

-The Hardest Thing by 98 Degrees-

-Chase-

"I'd rather see you alive and marry that witch than see you die because I still love you, Chase."

She still loves me and I was stunned. I wanted to jump for joy, hug her and kiss her but I can't.

I can't let her hurt me again.

It's been three painful years and counting. I can't trust my heart anymore to her.

We're in a phase of moving on and forgetting the past: she's at the peak of her modelling career while I am marrying her archenemy. Simple as that.

She looked at my face waiting for me to say those words back.

I still love you too...

Those words left unspoken as I shook my head instead.

"What is it really that you want?" I asked gruffly and saw pain in those lovely eyes.

"I know di ka maniniwala pero I came all the way here to tell you na di ka nga pwede magkarera kasi nanganganib ang buhay mo!"

"Okay. Let me get this straight... You're telling me that Chad came into your dreams again to warn you about my death on the day of the race?" She nodded furiously.

"Then why not call me?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Di ka naman maniniwala if I called you or maybe you won't even bother answering my call because you broke up with me last year..." She sighed and it was true. I will never answer her calls because hearing her voice is way too painful.

"I believe you." I replied and there was a hint of relief in her eyes.

"Talaga? So di ka na magkakarera?"

She asked hopefully.

"No, I will still join the race. I will beat Greg this time with no tricks like the one you pulled last time." Her face fell and I know she remembers what happened because she was blushing. She bit those kissable lips to stop herself from laughing at the memory,

Damn. I want to kiss her so bad.

"Okay okay! What if icancel na lang ninyo? Or reschedule?"

"Greg and I are busy people that rescheduling will not be an option. I will just be careful. Thanks for the warning and you may go now." I said not wanting her to stay a minute longer as I can't trust myself around her.