Chapter Forty One

Cause there'll be no sunlight

If I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies

If I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds

My eyes will do the same, if you walk away

Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain

-It will Rain by Bruno Mars-

-Chase-

Whenever I am not drunk, I go visit Mama Cel. She said Kara seldom called or communicated which was unlikely of her.

She had totally cut us from her life. It's been a month and I am a mess.

School seemed unimportant and I keep myself busy by manning the repair shop or being wasted.

Sometimes she calls her family and friends but not once did she call me. It feels like forever when she left and I am wreck. I sent emails, made a freakin facebook and skype account but I can't reach her and everyday I die.

I was mad at her for leaving me but I forgive her... If only I can talk to her. I can wait a lifetime if she wanted me to but don't shut me out.

There were only three instances that I cried. One was when I realized my parents never loved me, two was when Chad died and last was when I begged her to stay. I am not the showy type so instead of crying I drink and work myself to death.

As I was about to drown myself on my tenth bottle, I saw Jay walking towards me. Yep, he's now a constant visitor on my unit checking up on me in case I decide to end my misery.

"Damn dude. Stop acting like a shit okay? Get your act together!" He took the bottle away from me.

"How can I when the reason I am living left me? Come and join me. Misery loves company." I snatch the bottle from his hand.

"What if she comes back and sees you like this? A dropout, drunk and depressed a-hole?"

I pondered on his question but I shoved the idea. She's not coming back so might as well live like a shit.

"Okay. How about you go back to school? Earn a degree, work your ass at our shop then be effin rich so you can follow her to New York and get her. Kace's mom won't refuse you. Think about it, man. Don't be a trash like me. Get a life then get the girl."

I looked at Jay and he was serious. I know he wasn't doing a pep talk as he regretted his poor and dumb choices in life. He got dumped by his girlfriend of five years because he wasn't worthy as per the girl's parents.

A dropout and looks like a drug dealer will definitely get you nowhere that's why he wants to work hard and be worthy of Ria. So sweet, I thought bitterly.

"You make it sound so simple."

"I know it isn't, you dumbass but hey if you love her, be the best man for her. Fight for her man. I sound like some romantic shit but it's true."

"I do love her but what if I am too late?"

"Her mom's a manhater so she'll probably still be single. Just think about what I said. Gotta go. Get a bath will ya? You stink."

I shook my head and laughed as Jay went out. Maybe he's right.

Hold on a lil longer honey.

I heard myself say as I held the ring on my neck.

-Kace-

Isang buwan na ang nakalipas nang umalis ako sa Pilipinas. Mahirap ang umadjust dito sa Amerika pero bawat araw kinakaya ko.