Chapter Twenty Five

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say I was so wrong

-All Out of Love By Air Supply-

We just landed from Metro Manila to Laoag. Our family owns a vast land in Ilocos and they built a mausoleum for Chad there.

As we were walking towards the arrival area, I saw a young boy ran towards us. He was the spitting image of Chad or me cause we look the same.

"Ma-ma! Da-da!" He called and his chubby arms went to his mom, Aria.

"How's my little boy? That's not Dada. Say hi to Uncle Chase." I waved and he waved too then burst into giggles.

"Da-da!" He said again and he opened his arms beckoning me to carry him.

"Uncle Chase." I said and took him from Aria.

"I showed him Chad's photos so he thought it was you." Aria said and we went on our way with the caretaker and driver in tow.

Memories flooded to me as we approached An Gairdin or the Garden in Gaelic as we are part Scottish as well.

"This was his favorite place." I said as we approached the mansion. My parents gave this to Chad and now Aria's son Chad Scott Jr. will inherit it.

"Yes. That's why he wanted us to stay here."

Before Chad passed away a year ago, he got Aria pregnant of 2 months which made me wonder as Chad seems to be the responsible one.

We got off the car and little Chad ran towards the garden where his father's remains lie.

Aria and I walked towards his grave with little Chad trailing behind.

"Hi baby. I'm back with your brother.
I miss you much." Aria cried and I held her.

"I'm sorry... It should have been me." I said softly.

"Don't ever say that you idiot! It wasn't your fault. It was his stupidity!" Aria retorted and I was taken back at what she said.

"Hey..." I coaxed.

"He shouldn't have gone on your stead that day. Now he paid a price with his life. His son will grow without knowing his father." She sobbed.

"I'll marry you and be Chad junior's father." I said and she hit me on the arm.

"That's just grows okay? I'd rather be a widow." She cracked a smile.

"I knew you'd like my proposal. I wish I know how to comfort you but I can't but I will always be here for you and my nephew." I embraced her.

"You know what? You aren't really so bad, Chase. I always wondered why your parents never realised what a good person you are inside. Chad and I knew that. I hope someday they will learn to accept who you really are."

"I don't give a damn about them anymore, Aria. You and Chad are my only family now."

"Da-da! Wanna fly!" I heard Chad Jr.
said and I lifted him up. He was shouting gleefully. I played with my nephew and when he became exhausted, we went inside for dinner.

After dinner, I went to my old room and checked on my stuff.

"Shit! I forgot my phone!" Sometimes I just wanted to hit my head for being stupid. How can I call Kara now? Her birthday will be tomorrow. All hell will break loose if I don't get to her on time.

"Chase? I heard you were cursing, is something the matter?" Aria entered my room.

"Yes I forgot my phone."