Chapter Sixty

Love moves in mysterious ways
It's always so surprising
When love appears over the horizon
I'll love you for the rest of my days
But still it's a mystery
How you ever came to me
Which only proves
Love moves in mysterious ways

Heaven knows love is just a chance we take
We make plans but then love demands a leap of faith
So hold me close and never never let me go
'Cos even though we think we know which way the river flows
That's not the way love goes

-Love moves in Mysterious Ways by Nina-

Flashback a month ago...

-Chase-

Kara walked out and I felt devastated that I wasn't able to tell her what I wanted to say .

"Babe, ano ba? Hayaan mo na si Kace! Di ka naman niya minahal eh! She left you remember? Pero ako? Andito ako!" She argued as we drove back to my place and felt like an ass for leaving Jay's wedding unannounced.

"I'm driving." I said to keep her quiet as I am thinking what the hell is happening with my life.

One minute it was perfect and the next thing you know it becomes shitty.

"Can I come over tonight?" Veronica purred and I shook my head.

We reached Sta. Ana and I dropped her off to her house. She was fuming as usual but I couldn't care less.

I went home and went to bed quite exhausted of today's events.

"Chase... Wake up."

My eyes opened abruptly as the voice continues to haunt me.

"Chad?" I asked dumbfounded that after all those years, I was able to dream of him instead of his death.

"Hey bro. How are you? Finally I got to reach you." My twin smiled mirroring mine.

"Is this a dream or something?" I asked confused and he nodded.

"I don't know it just happened. I can only reach Kace but then as my son grows, I can reach him as well. I'll try to visit Aria soon but I need to talk to you first." He said and sat in front of me on a chair.

"This is just so weird. No wonder Kace acts crazy. My dead brother visiting her on my dreams." Chas smiled and nodded.

"I know you have a lot of questions but Kace will fill you in however you let her go again. Why can't you see that you two were meant for each other? Not the other way around."

"What is this? Like a match made in heaven or something?" I joked.

"Yes. You two were destined. You love her right? Then do the right thing, bro."

Before I can argue, Chad was gone and I woke up.

There was an impatient knock on the door so I opened it and saw Veronica.

"Morning babe! We have to visit the bridal shop for the finalization of the wedding." She said as she went inside my unit.

Veronica sat on the sofa and patted it, beckoning me to sit with her but I chose to sit across her. She started babbling about the wedding preparations but my mind was elsewhere.

I sat and studied her. Anyone would be lucky to marry Veronica but then I realized that she's not the one I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

A different face comes into my mind when I think of forever.

Kara. My Amazon Girl.

"Veronica we need to talk about the wedding." I said and she smiled.