Chapter Forty Two

A hundred days have made me older

Since the last time that I saw your pretty face

A thousand lies have made me colder

And I don't think I can look at this the same

But all the miles that separate

Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face

I'm here without you, baby

But you're still on my lonely mind

I think about you, baby

And I dream about you all the time

I'm here without you, baby

-Here without You by Three Doors Down-

-Chase-

After two years...

Two years had passed and I wondered how I survived without her. Maybe because I had one goal in mind and that is to get her when I am already worthy in her mother's eyes.

The month after she left, I was informed by our family lawyer that my grandfather left me a trust fund worth millions that I hadn't expected but maybe because I was the sole heir with Chad being gone.

Jay and I decided to expand our business thus I am became the most eligible bachelor in the Philippines after I graduated.

It was a joyous moment but I had wished that she was there to graduate with me. Mama Cel acted as my parent which I was grateful as she became the grandmother that I never had. I wouldn't have made it and I also owe it to Maui, Ria and Jay who supported me. Aria and my nephew were also there so I got some support system to keep me sane.

I was at Mama Cel's house today as I visit as often as I can. With the money I received at my 21st birthday, I can fly and get her but I wanted to wait until I finish college. As per Mama Cel and Tita Priscilla she was still single and that made me relieved.

"Ma, I think I am ready. I'll get her."

I said and pulled out the ring I had given her on her eighteenth birthday.

It was a diamond solitaire that I bought from my savings. I just had a meager income from our repair shop that time as I was solely financially independent but now I can buy her a bigger diamond or any ring just to make her mine.

"Go get her, anak. It's time." She hugged me.

I smiled and went home to pack. I didn't tell Jay and her bestfriends as I wanted this to be a surprise.

-Kace-

Life here in New York was a blur. Di ko alam paano ko kinaya ang mawalay sa pamilya ko, kaibigan at kay Chase.

It wasn't easy because I became depressed. Hindi ako pumapasok sa classes ko. I am always with Natasha out partying or looking for someone who can hook us up as models.

Yes, I decided to try my luck on my long time dream to be a model. This is my only way para magkaroon ng puwang ang buhay ko na patapon na when I left Chase.

Then one day we met Matthew Chen at a bar that were hanging out.

Habang sumasayaw kami ay nilapitan niya ako. He was very handsome na chinito and his english was better than me dahil laking states kasi siya. Pero that time di ko pa siya kilala at akala ko he was just some guy hitting on me.

"Hi there beautiful. I can't help but notice your mesmerizing eyes amidst the disco lights." He wisphered to my ear.

"Yeah? Well glad that you noticed that. Wanna buy me a drink?" I flirted back.