Chapter Forty Seven

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the make-up running down your face

And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them

Like every single wish we ever made

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

-Amnesia by Five Seconds of Summer-

-Chase-

The moment I walked out of the parking lot leaving Kara, I felt my heart constricting so hard that breathing became difficult.

It was like cutting off my oxygen supply.

It was dying. Literally and emotionally.

Ending everything between us can be considered the stupidest I ever did in my life but I don't want to go through this anymore.

Call me jerk, asshole, coward or anything you can think of but I wanted to punish her for leaving and hurting me over and over again.

The heart can only take so much pain.

I had enough already.

Maybe if we both live separate lives, we will be able to move on and be hurt no more.

I went inside and looked for Veroinica so we can get the hell out of here.

She saw me coming inside and her face lit up. She walked towards me and I feel like a shit for using her as a rebound.

"Shall we go?" She asked and I nodded. I saw Jay looking at us curiously but I waved my hand as a signal that I am going.

When we went back to the parking lot, Kara was nowhere to be found.

This is what I think is best for us, I guess.

As I drove us home, all Veronica talked was about Kara.

"Shut up." I said.

"But why? Mahal mo pa rin siya no?" She asked and I didn't answer back.

"I figured as much pero she left you right? Ako? I won't leave you..." She said softly.

"Yeah. They all say that." I snorted.

"Pero sila iyon. Iba ako, Chase. I love you ever since in high school pa."

I shrugged and we drove in silence. I dropped her home amidst her protest.

When I got home, I trashed everthing inside. I cried, I shouted and drank til I lost consciousness.

"Dude, you are such a dipshit! Wake up!" I heard Jay speaking at shaking me to wake up.

"Go away..." I mumbled.

"No can do. Look at this mess. Did a hurricane came? Kace left again."

"She always does."

"Because you made her do it this time. She went back for you crazy shit! Why did you let her go?" He grabbed my shirt and it was the first time I saw Jay very upset about my lovelife.

"It's over. I can't let her hurt me anymore. It's better this way. She can follow her dreams and become a model like she always wanted." I slapped Jay's hand away so I can stand up but I fell down because the alcohol has not left my body obviously.

"You are her dream aside from modeling! She has been chasing her dreams since high school but you made it a nightmare by breaking up with her. So much for your happily ever after!"