Chapter Forty

Tell me where did I go wrong?

What did I do to make you change your mind completely?

When I thought this love would never end?

But if this love is not ours to share

I'll let it go with your goodbye

-Tell Me by Side A-

-Chase-

I felt groggy and dry mouthed. That feeling when I just popped a sleeping pill to ward off the nightmares I had. I reached out and saw Kara was not beside me in bed.

"Hon? Where are you?"

I stood up and looked around the unit. Something's not right.

"I'm not playing games honey. Come out now."

As I went back to my room, I saw the ring I gave her and went ballistic.

"This is so not happening..she can't leave me! She said so last night!"

Then, I heard my phone rang so I grabbed it.

"Chase?? Kanina ka pa namin tinatawagan ah... Nasa airport na kami at paalis na si Kace... Di ka ba magpapaalam?" Ria said and without preamble, I grabbed my clothes and went down to get my baby.

"Shit! Shit! I should've known... How can she do this to me?!"

I went there as fast as I can so I can stop her. She can't go.

"Where is she? Have they boarded?"

I asked frantically and Jay held my shoulder while Ria and Maui were crying.

"Dude, she's gone." When the reality sank in I threw my helmet so hard it broke. Just like my heart.

"Why? The fuck why?!" I want to be angry at her for leaving me but I can't. I love her way too much.

"Chase... Intindihin mo ang beksfriend namin. Naipit lang siya dahil sa mommy niya." Maui consoled but I still find it unbelievable that she can leave me.

"Mahal ka niya Chase. Don't ever doubt that. Alam namin na di ka niya iiwan but sometimes we have to sacrifice." Ria added.

"Her mother never loved her. Not the same way as Mama Cel did nor her love will ever surpass mine yet she chose to leave with her! It's fucking unfair!" I lashed out and everyone was looking at us.

I didn't mean to lash out on Maui and Ria but their words were not helping.

"Let's get going boss. We'll drink til you're too numb to feel shit." Jay pulled me away so I can stop acting like a lunatic.

"Chase... Sana mapatawad mo si Kace sa ginawa niya..." Maui said and left with Ria who glared at me.

How can you possibly forgive someone whom you gave your heart yet chose to break it?

Jay and I decided to drink until we can puke our guts out at my unit. I looked at the night sky hoping this was just another of those nightmares that everything comes back to normal when you wake up.

-Kace-

Alam mo yung feeling na tila may kadena ang paa mo dahil sa bigat ng bawat hakbang?

Hanggang ngayon ay di ako makapaniwala na ginawa ko iyon sa lalaking pinakamamahal ko.

I deceived him and left him without giving him the chance to say goodbye.

Here I am pulling on my trolley following mommy into the boarding gate and crying like there's no tomorrow.

Nakapagpaalam na ako kina Maui at Ria pero Mama Cel and Tita Prissy decided to call instead kasi galit sila kay Mommy at baka mapa-away na sila talaga.