Chapter Fifty One

Don't give up on us, baby
Lord knows we've come this far
Can't we stay the way we are?
The angel and the dreamer
Who sometimes plays a fool
Don't give up on us, I know
We can still come through

-Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul-

-Chase-

It wasn't my intention to let Kara see me kissing Veronica. The unshed tears and pain in her eyes were enough to tell me that I hurt her again. I wanted to comfort her and explain but she ran away.

I did not chase her. Pride got in the way as usual.

I sat down the sofa thinking what a jerk I was when I heard my phone rang.

"Hey, Aria." I answered and can hear my nephew on the line.

"We're here and would like to visit you today. Are you there in Sta. Ana?"

"Yep. I can hear your little brat is complaining." I said and smiled.

"Oh he is! I swear my patience is running thin! We'll be there after an hour."

"Alright. See ya later, Aria." I said before ending the call.

It was near dinner time so I called a restaurant to have food delivered to my unit while I clean up a bit.

I took a shower and went to find a shirt when I saw my vault was opened.

Damn. Kara is always Kara. Likes to poke around things.

I remembered the time she went snooping around my room and found out about Chad and me being twins.

She wasn't a liar per se so I believe her when she said that Chad came to her dreams again. However this race has been planned already so giving up is not an option.

After I dressed, the delivery boy rang and I went to get the food. Few minutes later, Aria and Chad Jr. came and we settled at the kitchen.

"So how's your wedding plans coming through?" Aria asked but clearly isn't happy about me marrying Veronica.

"Veronica's into the planning. I just write the check." I replied.

"See? Because this wedding is a sham!" She said and threw her hands in the air to make a point.

"What is in Veronica that you don't like?" I asked while holding Chad Jr. on my lap and playing Candy Crush on his iPad.

"She's not Kace!" She replied stating the obvious.

"Exactly."

"What do you mean exactly?!" Her eyebrows raising.

"She's not her so no more pain." There I said it like an idiot.

"Pain is part of love, Chase. You should know that by now."

"I am just tired of being hurt. I mean, who isn't? We keep on hurting each other so enough is enough." I reasoned so nephew leaped out from my arms and went to his mom.

"No fighting with Mommy, Unca Chase!" He said and mispronouncing "uncle" to "unca."

"No baby. Uncle Chase and I are not fighting." Aria crooned.

"Yes kiddo. Why don't you play at the den while your mom and I talk?" Then Chad Jr. ran out of the kitchen.

"You know what will stop the pain? Being together again. Why not get her and marry her? Not Veronica whom you don't love at all?"

"It's complicated."

"Duh, Chase! You're not a coward okay? Man up and get Kace! Stop wasting your time with some airhead model?!" She glared at me.