Chapter Forty Six

Heart of mine

How will you keep from dying

Stop reminiscing

Who is she kissing

Heart of mine

Oh what's the use in trying

No one can mend you now

-Heart of Mine by Janno Gibbs-

-Chase-

The moment Kara saw us with hurt in her eyes seeing Veronica was with me seemed a bittersweet revenge however it hurt to see her cry.

I never wanted to hurt her back no matter how many times she broke mine but that was before. I want her to hurt as well. Pathetic but yes.

I felt like a jerk for using Veronica but she doesn't mind. She's like obsessed having me so I don't care as long as I can use her.

Jay called saying he proposed to Ria and I am happy for the both of them. They would be having a party and since I was the appointed Bestman then I should go.

I knew she would be there at the party and bringing Veronica would be a good idea.

Upon arriving at the party, there she was.

My Amazon Girl.

All dolled up with the right curves hugging her statuesque physique. Then my eyes went to her oh so beautiful face and lips.

Damn those kissable lips.

Then I remembered her kissing that guy at the Bow bridge and I felt pissed.

I still don't understand why she came back and demanding me to explain. She's got a boyfriend right?

I wanted to know but maybe ignorance is bliss or I just don't give a damn anymore.

I can't help but smirk as she keeps on glancing our way. The way she stabs the chicken was hilarious. Shit I miss her so much.

She was then dragged by Maui on the dancefloor and she dances like she owns the floor.

"Let's dance babe. Sige na..." Veronica pulled me up and so I followed her.

While she was having her way with me, I was pulled and was a bit startled to see Kara dancing in front of me.

She was beautiful and seductive that I was mesmerized as she sways her body to the music but the spell was broken when Veronica grabbed me.

Like a toy being fought over, I was irritated with the both of them when they did not stop.

I stormed out of the dance floor with Veronica trailing behind.

"Babe sorry na..." She crooned.

"Leave me alone and don't follow me."

I went out to the parking area and took out my cigarette and lighter. I lit it up when I heard someone behind me.

"Chase?"

You can only imagine how many times I had dreamed to hear my name on her lips again.

"What do you want?" I asked gruffly and dragged a smoke.

- Kace-

Nakita kong pumunta sa parking lot si Chase kay sinundan ko siya. Nagulat ako nang nagsindi siya ng sigarilyo. He was not a smoker before and I don't like that he is smoking.

"Chase?" Tawag ko sa kanya pero di siya lumingon.

"What do you want?" Iritang sagot niya. Naaalala ko ang unang beses na tinanong ko sa kanya iyan.