Chapter Fifty Nine

You were just a dream that I once knew
I never thought I would be right for you
I just can't compare you with anything in this world
You're all I need to be with forevermore

Time and again
There are these changes that we cannot end
As sure as the time keeps going on and on
My love for you will be forevermore

- Forevermore by Side A-

-Kace-

Tila nahilo ako sa intensity ng halik ni Chase. He looked at me with tenderness then it was replaced by fury. After a few obligatory poses for the camera, he went on his way out of the reception area.

Of course di ako papayag na di kami mag-uusap. As usual may temper tantrums na naman siya for what happened yesterday.

It was all just a big misunderstanding.

"Chase..." I called out.

"Leave me alone."

"Anong leave me alone? I mean seriously? Tatlong taon na tayong ganito, Chase! Di ka ba napapagod? Urong-sulong! What you saw yesterday is not how you perceive it!" I said exasperation.

"I don't want to hear about the sordid details so you can forget it." He then grabbed a cigarette pero tinapik ko ang kamay niya.

"Ano ba?! Remember me seeing you with Aria sa unit mo di ba iba rin inisip ko? Pero dahil mahal kita nagtiwala ako sa iyo! Pero bakit ngayon ayaw mong maniwala?"

"You know I would never do that to you." He said softly.

"I know but can't you do the same for me?" I held his arm so he can look at me.

"No because I don't know you anymore. We've been apart for three years and who knows what you do. You're a model now and guys come easy." Nang sinsabi niya iyon ay di ko mapigilang sampalin siya.

I saw he the shock on his not expecting it. Masakit ang mga salita na binitawan niya kaya di ko napigilan.

"How dare you spank my fiance?" Narinig kong sigaw ni Veronica.

"What are you doing here?" Chase and I asked in unison as she made her way to us.

"Of course to make sure you are not seducing your way to get him you slut!" Sasampalin din sana ako ngunit napigilan ni Matthew na biglang sumulpot sa likod.

"You touch her and you will live to regret it."

"Unhand her." Sagot naman ni Chase kay Matt.

"Matt what are you doing here?!"

"Getting you. We need to talk."

"No! I am not going anywhere with you! Chase and I need talk!" Sagot ko naman pero may sumabat.

"No way! Chase and I will be leaving now, aren't you babe?" Sagot naman ni Veronica habang hatak si Chase.

"Chase! It's now or never! You have to choose between us! Her or me?" I demanded and Veronica glared at me.

"I can't..." When he faltered, I realized the answer to my question.

"You know what? I am sick and tired of this! Pagod na pagod na ako!" I shouted and moved away.

Naramdaman kong may kumapit ng braso ko at nakita si Matt pero tinapik ko ang kamay niya.

"Don't touch me. Leave. Me. Alone."

I hurriedly went back to my hotel room and packed. Nagtext ako kay Maui to tell Ria na nauna na ako. Nagpaalam na rin ako kay Mama Cel at ibinilin siya kay Maui.