6. Chakra Natures

A pic of Black Nightmare above.

Yes, it is Kirito's sword from SAO. Now on with the story!

Enjoy reading! <3

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

After becoming gennin, all we did was go on D rank missions. The first few missions were boring, until Sakura found out a way to practice teamwork and healthy competition between all of us. 

We all split the job into four equal parts and Kakashi sensei would decide who completed their task the quickest and most efficiently. Needless to say, Naruto and Sasuke argued less during missions and Sakura and I bonded well as she, Ino, Hinata and I hung out often . 

We even kept score. The one with the highest score at the end of all the D ranks would get to slave the other 3 around for a day. Currently the score was

Sasuke - 3

Naruto - 3

Sakura - 4

Akina - 4

Naruto was focused throughout the missions and barely made mistakes. Kakashi sensei and the Hokage were amused by our little game. But, our game would be paused temporarily if our mission was something like catching Tora or babysitting kids. 

Yes, they expected a couple of 12 and 13 year olds with sharpened kunais and paper bombs to take care of 5 year old brats.

So when we got another Tora mission for the second time in the week, we all simultaneously groaned.

"How the hell will I beat Sakura chan and Akina chan if I don't go on proper missions?" Naruto shouted as Sasuke nodded slightly.

I finally exploded.

"HOW does the Daimyo's wife lose him EVERY DAY?!! Yesterday I saw Shikamaru capture the cat with his shadow possession and the day before that WE captured him. This is so troublesome." I put my head on Sakura's shoulders as I sighed.

"I must say Akina chan, I myself ask the same question everyday. But we must not question our clients." The Hokage told me sternly but his eyes were shining with amusement.

"Let's go my sweet students." Kakashi said.

"On one condition." I pouted.

Kakashi eyed me wearily. I had assured him that I wouldn't try to pinch his butt or anything obscene like that after the weird scene the other day, but he wasn't completely reassured.

"You determine our chakra natures, teach us all a small jutsu and teach us tree walking."

We had often complained about how Kakashi didn't teach us anything but he disappeared every time we cornered him.

"And why would I do that?"

Sasuke stared at him blankly. "Because we are your students and Akina won't crack any Icha Icha or perverted jokes for a day." 

I nodded my head in agreement.

He sighed in relief. "Fine. I'll teach you guys something."

Naruto and Sakura jumped with joy.

Time skip brought to you by Icha Icha Paradise

"This is chakra paper." Kakashi explained as he gave us each a piece of paper.

"When you put a bit of your chakra into it, five different things can happen. If you have fire affinity the paper will burn and turn into ash; for wind it will split into half; for lightning the paper will wrinkle; for earth the paper will become dirt and crumble away and for water the paper will become wet. Now, you all go one by one to see your affinities. I have all except wind."