Fill in the Blanks (19.5)

Kakashi was a cool and composed dude. He knew influence was a major factor in Team 7. With Akina somehow moderating the fights between Naruto and Sasuke, he was fine. 

Hell, he didn't even feel like a sensei.

He thought Team 7 would fail like the others and he was almost right- except he forgot to consider a little factor namely the Senju Uchiha.

And then his normal world gets turned upside down.

He gets to know that she can see the future and has someone living inside her head- with a sadistic attitude.

Nope, not creepy at all.

He didn't know what the Sandaime was thinking. He himself wasn't emotionally stable. How would he take care of four genin?

Too scared he never even thought about teaching them any jutsu until he was pressurized into it. Even then he thought he'd teach them just a few simple ones to make them somewhat prepared.

Then Akina dropped the bomb about an incoming war during a C turned A ranked mission ever so subtly. Akina knew how to motivate others, manipulate them slowly not enough for others to notice.

After all he'd seen how Sasuke and Naruto had improved their rivalry, slowly talking to them with the voice of reason. They trusted her.

She winked. "I can see the future after all. You guys might want to strengthen your bonds before you're dead."

She used their weaknesses to their play and unknowingly to hers as well.

Naruto - an orphan who craves love and affection- "I want to become the Hokage!"

Sasuke - an orphan whose family got taken away from him - "I'll kill Itachi and avenge my clan."

Needless to say they didn't want to lose anyone. That very fear is what Akina used to keep them on their feet- cherishing bonds and keeping their team together. That was sneaky, yet effective.

The fights had reduced and they still had a rivalry but, it was healthier than before.

Sakura had grown up too. Kakashi had seen the way the pinkette's eyes would follow hers. She admired her.

Hell, Kakashi didn't notice the change within himself until Asuma mentioned it.

"Kakashi, you've been training your team harder than before huh? Good to know you won't ditch them and are showing human emotions." Asuma laughed and that's when Kakashi realized all these little things.

Akina used the fear of another shinobi war to make him tick. 

Kakashi didn't even want to know what was going on that psychic little head of hers.

He felt like he was in his old genin team all over again. He really had to give Minato the props especially since he now knew how his sensei would've felt.

Sasuke was a little brooding version of him. Naruto was definitely Obito and Sakura was Rin, admiring her crush, Sasuke far from a distance keeping quiet.

Akina was a different case altogether.

She was mature and childish but she barely showed her childish side. She was responsible yet so careless- showing up late for missions and unashamedly reading Icha Icha in public. Kakashi blamed himself for that one.

Deep inside he had a thought - How could the Sandaime trust her with the world's fate? He disagreed with his principles and he knew the others did too.