25

WARNING: HIDAN CURSES A LOT! 

Its a loooong chapter.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!

Enjoy reading! 

<3

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

For the first time in his life after joining the Akatsuki, Itachi was surprised.

Living with the other Akatsuki members he experienced many unusual things.

Sasori as a puppet, Zetsu as a weird carnivorous plant, Tobi as Madara, Deidara not being a girl.

The last one was really surprising.

What he didn't expect was to meet a psychic named Akina who was surprisingly a Senju just like the Slug Queen.

He wasn't entirely sure if she was a Senju though. She had those distinctive features of an Uchiha, yet he didn't comment on it thinking his eyesight was getting worse.

During the entire interaction, each word she spoke shocked him to his very core. Was his threat not enough?

His threat to Danzo about spilling Konoha secrets?

Itachi supposed his bluff was finally called out. He was too loyal to Konoha to betray it. If he revealed Konoha's secrets, enemies would attack and it would lead to war which defeated the whole purpose of the massacre in the first place.

Then he realizes that Akina knew Tobi. Not personally, but the way she spoke about him almost sounded like pity. Itachi brushed the chances away. There's no way that's true.

Or that's what he told himself.

When he began to torture her, he saw her deepest fears. Call it insensitive, but he'd do anything to not let his brother know the truth.

All her fears about losing her family were expected until he made an appearance.

He saw the heartbreaking scene between Sasuke and himself and slightly wavered. Akina desperately tried to convince him that he was innocent. 

But why?

Why him?

Why does Kami have to keep giving him torturous tasks? Hadn't he suffered emotionally already?

When Akina mentioned she'd save him, he felt rage envelop him but he didn't show it. He wouldn't dare break his emotionless mask so easily.

How dare she just blackmail him? 

Itachi had his entire life planned out with Sasuke killing him in the end.

He wasn't going to let some pesky brat ruin it. 

Yet, he didn't hurt her too bad. She was precious to Sasuke and Itachi couldn't bring himself to hurt his otouto anymore.

He was reaching his limit. 

Itachi wanted to return back to Konoha, with his otouto. But he knew that wasn't possible. He wanted to atone for the sins he committed. 

At times he regretted killing his family, but the pacifist inside him didn't waver. 

And how did she break out of her nightmare?

"So Jiraiya came after you put the brat in tsukuyomi ne?"

Itachi nodded. 

Kisame chuckled. "Leader sama will be pissed."

There was silence.