52. Lust and Lies

Hey!!

Long time no see uwu. Sorry for the late update. I've been having a dry spell recently.

On a completely different note, people are shipping Akina with Neji? Like damn she's got all hotties lining up for her. And it was only one chapter!

She just found him hot since he came out of the shower and Ino pushed them towards each other. 

And really? Who wouldn't find him hot?

So in the Narutoverse its not really clear about the dates and everything so I'm just assuming shit here okay? 

Apparently its mentioned that Naruto is 16 when Shippuden starts, 17 near the 5 Kage Summit and 18 once the war arc starts.. HE'S 18?! wut the fu-

... im confusion - anyways, just assume that here its October and Naruto just turned 17 except the five kage summit didn't happen yet. The whole shippuden is postponed by a couple of months.

So Naruto and Akina turn 17 right before the deaths of Itachi and Jiraiya, my bois.

And this is a very fluffy, very cute filler which had me grinning non stop. Also the end is depressing for Akina lol.

So, enjoy! 

UNEDITED 

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Akina's POV

I stared up at the dark ceiling, lying down on my back as I patiently waited for Itachi to return from Pain's room. His bed was soft. I raised my hand and placed it on my forehead.

For the first time in a while, my mind was silent. Empty. It was calm.

The door opened and the figure slightly shook his head, sighing exasperatedly before closing the door.

"Ne Itachi, do you ever get bored or tired of sleeping?"

"Hn."

"How so?"

"I once slept for six hours and couldn't sleep for a week."

I chuckled. "You must've gotten used to the whole insomnia thing since you were in ANBU huh? Then you joined the Akatsuki and it only got worse because of Shisui's death and Sasuke's heartbroken eyes - hey! Don't give me that look."

He continued to glower at me. "Thank you for reminding me of such acts."

I sighed. "I don't think you need remembering. It haunts you at night."

Staying silent, he walked over to his desk and picked up the eye drops he was using as medicine. I hummed a slight tune.

Turning around, he stared at me after blinking his eyes. "You aren't going to say it, are you?"

I raised my torso off the bed, balancing myself on my elbows as I shot him a confused stare. "There are lots of things I haven't said, Itachi. Which one is it?"

I scooted to make place for him on the bed as he lay down next to me. It was a queen sized bed and there was enough space between us. Oddly enough, I'd woken up in his bed a few times when he didn't even bat an eyelash. 

We got used to each other's presence. The only unspoken rule was, don't bring it up.

"That.. its your birthday today. October 12th." His voice had dropped to a whisper and recognition lit up in my eyes as I slowly got up. 

"Oh.. its that day already huh? I'm finally 17. Yay~" I let out a pathetic cheer. 

"Aren't you 18 now?"