20

Enjoy Reading!

<3

PS: Rant at the end...

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"All the contestants please make your way over there. The contestants of the first match: Hyuuga Neji and Uzumaki Naruto stay back." Genma stated.

Whistling I made my way up with Shikamaru, Temari, Gaara, Kankuro and Shino. Sasuke and Kakashi were late obviously. 

I had successfully avoided Sasuke. Except last night. He wished me good luck in his own unique way and gave me a small surprise kiss afterwards before going back to Kakashi for some last minute tutoring.

Hn you and that dobe will lose. Since you won't forfeit I'll look forward to beating you.

The match between Neji and Naruto went as predicted. I, obviously made bets and became richer.

"Kankuro, you want to bet on who wins?"

"Hell yeah. I choose the Hyuuga."

I smiled. "Then I go with Naruto. Temari, Gaara what about you guys?"

Temari smirked overconfident as usual. "Hyuuga guy for sure." Gaara declined with a shake of his head.

"Shino and Shika, what about you both?" They shook their heads.

"Ino told me not to bet."

"So did Hinata san." I pouted.

I went and stood next to Gaara. "When can I talk to your mother?"

"Soon." 

I cocked my head to the side. "I might not be able to. But Naruto and Sasuke will. Why does she like me?"

"You remind her of-"

The crowd burst into cheers and cut Gaara off. I growled in frustration for Gaara being cut off. Naruto had won. Kankuro and Temari grudgingly paid up my money.

He came up and I hugged him.

"Akina chan I-I can't b-breathe!"

"I'm so proud of you Naru!" I released my hold on him. He had a blush on his face as he scratched the back of his neck and chuckled.

I grinned. "So it looks like you and I are going against each other."

"I'll beat you with my rasengan 'ttebayo! It was so hard defeating Neji without my signature move." Jiraiya had taught him the final stage of rasengan and given him a toad contract as well. My birds kept check.

Obviously Jiraiya was confused as to how Naruto learnt the first two steps but he didn't question anything.

"But you did it anyways. If you showed it to your enemy now you wouldn't be able to give a surprise attack."

He nodded thoughtfully. 

"The match between Gaara of the Sand and Uchiha Sasuke has been postponed due to Uchiha Sasuke-"

"I'm on time." Sasuke said as he arrived with Kakashi in a whirl of petals. Kakashi chuckled nervously as Genma shot him an irritated stare.

He's early! What about Shikamaru's promotion?

The crowed cheered loudly.

Sasuke sent a smirk in my direction and I felt my face heat up. I smirked back and mouthed 'loser'.

Damn that Uchiha bastard.

Gaara stood on his sand and made his way down. 

As the battle became intense I excused myself to the bathroom. A lie, obviously. I made a bunshin and she nodded, knowing what to do. She ran towards the town.