13

The masked man mentioned in the chapter!

Enjoy reading! <3

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I curled up on the bed after returning from the Hokage's office. I spent the whole day in my room occasionally going out for bringing snacks to my room. 

What was he thinking?

He asked me to save them from war. That's impossible.

The weight of my knowledge weighed heavily on my shoulders as I started to truly feel the pressure. What am I supposed to do?

Should I not interfere with anything or should I change it?

Should Sasuke get the curse mark or not?

Hiruzen had made it clear that it was up to me. He refused to hear another word about the future unless I needed to inform them about upcoming battles.  

What about his death? If he doesn't die, will Tsunade even return to Konoha?

I cluched my head in frustration. It was a mission to protect the world or selfishly protect my family. If I choose to protect everyone, then I need to go rogue and infiltrate the Akatsuki and Orochimaru. That might probably kill me. But, if I choose to protect Sasuke from the curse mark, he might not go rogue. But then Naruto will lose his determination to grow stronger and catch up to his difference of strength. Sasuke needs the mangekyo sharingan for future battles and needs the experience as well. He needs to battle Itachi, but I want to save him. 

This pressure was killing me inside.

My family or the world?

I thought that Hiruzen would help me with all this, that Shikaku would as well. I foolishly let myself hope that I could live a peaceful life but that isn't true. I admit in the beginning I decided to help and save the world and help in battles. It wasn't a part of my plan to let my parents die or do everything by myself. The biggest mistake I made was not considering the fact that I'd get attached.

I can't inform Kakashi or anyone else. Should I even save the third Hokage?

What am I supposed to do?

The shinobi world or family?

Why do I have to choose?

I could understand what everyone was thinking. By the look on their face they were pitying me and thinking that a 12 year old girl will be responsible for the future. 

I groaned into my hands. Its giving me a headache. 

You are in some deep shit, Akina.

I shot my eyes wide open. That voice..

Yeah, its Yume. Ever since you visited me, the link between us became stronger. So we can now talk to each other like Inner Sakura and Sakura.

I paused before speaking out loud. "What do you want with me?"

I... wanted to apologize for my behavior. 

"What, why?"

Look, we are basically the one and the same with different personalities. I can feel your emotions and even though I don't have any attachment with those characters I know how you feel, sort of. Its still sickening to me how you like those anime characters but its fine.

"Wow, I'd never act like that in front of mother." I heard her scoff.

Its you who made us get attached and now you are paying the price. Mother and Father always told us not to.