Seven

Alice's POV

And I was right. That did go bad. It went really, really bad. Eric, Olivia and Ruby threw up on eachother and then Adam decided to crash the party and it was awful. I was glad it was over but Otis was pleased with himself. He had given advice to a couple and it was like he figured out what he needed to do in order to actually give advice.

Maeve, Otis, Eric and I went our seperate ways once we reached the bridge we crossed every morning on the way to school. I'm so glad today is Saturday...I can just relax.

"Wait up."

I turned around to see Otis running towards me.

"I thought you were going to Erics?"

"Nah, he just wants to sleep the alcohol and embarrassment away." Otis laughed. "What did you get up to at the party?"

I shrugged my shoulders and placed my hands in my back pockets. "Nothing really. I just sat down and drank my beer. I also got offered to do a line."

"You what?!"

"Don't worry, I didn't. He grabbed my arm and tried to pull me with him but Maeve punched him."

"Remind me to thank her."

"Y'know, she's not as mean as people make out. Deep down underneath, she's a nice person. I guess she has a bad home life and she doesn't want to get close to people because she's scared of being hurt."

"That could be it. Hey, do you like her?"

"Yeah, she's alright."

"Alright then."

We walked home the remainder of the way in silence. I thought back to when I was helping Maeve with her hand. Her hand was really soft...And she looked so cute when she was trying not to smile.

"What are you smiling at?" Otis asked as we reached the front door.

"Huh?"

"You're smiling. What are you thinking about? Or WHO are you thinking about?"

"Nobody." I lied. "Can't a girl just smile?"

Otis laughed and opened the front door, he walked in and I followed behind. My heart was pounding and I was confused.

I was thinking about Maeve and I started to smile without knowing. Why and why do I think she's cute?

I can appreciate a girls beauty without being gay or bi...I'm not into Maeve. I'm not.

"You alright darling?" Mum asked walking towards me as she wrapped her silk robe around her body. "How was the party?"

Before I could answer, Otis answered for me.  "She got asked to do coke."

"Oh really? How interesting. Did you?"

"No."

"If you want to experience cocaine, I would like you to do it in a safe place. I wouldn't like you to do it but if you wanted to try it, then that's your life."

"I didn't do it! I don't want to do it!" I snapped.

I didn't mean to snap, it just came out. I went to apologise but Mum held her hand up.

"Breathe and count to ten. Get rid of the bad energy. Let's talk like adults, no shouting and no aggressive behaviour."

I rolled my eyes and ignored my Mum as I walked towards the stairs.

"Alice, please come on. Let's talk."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"There is. You snapped at me for no reason, we need to get to the bottom of why you did that."

I squeezed the handrail on the stairs tightly. I was getting angrier and angrier.

"Please. Don't make me talk."

"You're angry. I get that. I can be a bit much sometimes...I'm sorry. I just want you to have freedom and the ability to talk to me about anything. You don't want to do coke and that's amazing. Do you want to do any drugs?"

"No. I'm not a bloody druggie."

"Good. May I have a hug?"

I sighed and walked back towards Mum. She smiled and opened her arms. I wrapped my arms around her, feeling myself calm down...A mothers hug is a superpower.

She rubbed my back in small circles and I was thinking if I should tell her what happend or not...If I didn't...Otis probably would.

"I was almost forced to do a line."

"Almost?"

"Maeve punched him."

"Maeve? Who's that?"

"A friend."

"Invite her over for tea later, I'd like to thank this Maeve."

"There's no need.."

"Sure there is Ally."

I turned around and saw Otis smirking in front of the stairs.

"I'll send her a text now..."

"Otis don't."

He pulled his phone out and typed something quickly. His phone pinged almost straight away and he grinned a big toothy grin.

"She's coming at around half three."

"Brilliant!"

"Yeah...Brilliant.."

Why did Otis do that and why does he look so smug about it...Wait...Does he like her?! I tried to smirk at him, letting him know that I know his little secret but instead I just frowned and felt myself become a little pissed.

I'm so confused with myself. What's happening to me?!