Thirty Seven

Nobody's POV

Alice's family, that included Eric and Maeve, watched as nurses and doctors rushed in and out. Maeve slowly walked forward, looking through the glass, looking inside as a doctor did CPR on Alice for the second time.

She watched as another doctor glanced at the clock. Her eyes quickly moved between doctors and nurses, looking for any clues for what might be going on.

Doctors Jones glanced towards Maeve, giving her a sorrowful look. Her heartbroke as she managed to read his lips.

"Time of death..."

"No." Maeve shouted. "NO!"

Jean and Otis walked towards her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Angel..." Eric cried.

Jean and Otis gently pulled her away from the door as Doctor Jones walked out, his head hung low.

"We did everything we could but it seemed somewhere, a major blood vessel had burst and it was out of our control. We had no chance of stopping it. I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Doctor Jones." A nurse said bursting through the door. "Quick."

He ran back inside, as everyone gathered around the door, confused. Judging by the looks on the doctors and nurses faces, they were also confused.

A nurse pushed the door open as Doctor Jones began to prep himself for surgery.

"It appears, Alice's heart has started to beat again but we have to work quickly to stop the bleeding...She's a very lucky girl."

Maeve let out a heavy sigh of relief, as did everyone else, but they knew she wasn't out of the woods just yet...

- - -

Hours went by and it felt like an eternity but soon, Doctor Jones returned.

Everyone stood up from their seats, as  he walked towards them.

"We managed to stop the bleeding." He smiled. "She's going to be fine."

"Thank you Doctor." Jean said, taking everyone by surprise when she hugged him.

"Haha, you're welcome. You can go see her, if you like."

- - -

Maeve was the last one to go in, she wanted everyone else to see her first. As she took the seat next to Alice's bed, she couldn't believe how close she was to losing her.

"How long until she wakes up?" She asked looking up at a nurse.

"Whenever her body decides, darling."

Maeve sighed and gently pushed some hair out of Alice's eyes. Her thumb lingered on her forhead. She gently stroked it, watching as her everything slept peacefully.

"You could put an ocean between our love, love, love. It won't keep us apart. You could build a wall, I would run it up, up, up. Just to get to your heart
If we're caught in a wave. Baby, we'll make a way. You could put an ocean between our love, love, love. It-"

"It won't keep us apart."

Maeve's quiet singing was cut off by a raspy, quiet voice. Maeve's heart began to pound as Alice's eyes slowly opened and closed again, adjusting to the bright light.

"Alice." Maeve breathed out in relief. "You're okay."

Maeve looked up towards the door, everyone was watching, confusion on their faces but once they saw Maeve's smile, they knew...Alice was awake and she was going to be just fine.

A/N: Happy early birthday to JayCole28! I will be updating again as promised but I'll make sure its in a few hours when its your birthday 😊😊😊