Thirty Five

Alice's POV

"We're losing her."

- - -

Maeve, Otis, Eric and I were just hanging out at the park. It'd been a while since Otis and I were last here.

I was sat on one of the swings and Maeve was sat on my lap as we watched Eric and Otis attempt to play football.

"Hey so, we haven't been on a proper date yet."

"What do you have in mind?" Maeve asked standing up.

"I don't wanna take you to Pizza Hut for our first date...How's about that restaurant that just opened? Quinn's?"

"Sure." Maeve nodded her head. "Tonight?"

"Sure." I smiled. "Six thirty good?"

"Yeah."

Maeve bent down and pecked my lips, when she stood back up, I pulled her towards me. She placed her hands on my shoulders and we had a cliché movie moment of just staring into eachothers eyes, forgetting about everyone else.

"Stay with us. Keep your eyes open."

"Hey guys." Otis said kicking the ball towards us. "Wanna play?"

"I don't play with balls." I shouted as I kicked the ball hard towards him. "But I play with watermelons."

"Jesus, my tits aren't that big."

"But they're still delicious."

"Can you guys go be kinky somewhere else please?" Eric shouted. "Some of us are single."

"Whatever." I laughed.

"I love you. Don't leave me."

- - -

I decided for the date tonight I would wear a red plaid shirt and black skinny jeans. I even wore some make up for a change.

I was meeting Maeve at the restaurant and my nerves were going through the roof. I was stood outside the restaurant, when I heard heels clicking on the floor close to me.

I looked up and I saw Maeve in a black dress, similar to the school dance one and her hair was down but curled at the ends.

"Wow." I gasped, my lips parting in surprise. "You look...Beautiful."

"Is it too much?" She asked looking down at her outfit, unsure of herself.

"No, no. You're perfect...But then again, you're always perfect."

She looked down as she tried to hide her smile.

"Just keep holding my hand."

"Shall we go in then?" I asked holding my hand out.

"We shall." She replied taking my hand.

- - -

We had ordered our food and we were waiting for it. Maeve was looking around the restaurant in awe. It was clear that she hadn't been in a place like this before.

"I just can't believe I'm in here, dressed like this."

"There's nothing wrong with how you're dressed." I laughed. "You look amazing."

"If you say so."

"I do say so."

I placed my hand on top of hers and gently stroked it with my thumb. "You always look beautiful, don't let anyone tell you different and don't tell yourself any different."

Maeve gave a half smile and I tilted my head to the side. "I mean it Maeve Wiley, you are so beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as that food, oh my." Her eyes looked behind me, I was about to turn around when our waiter stood next to us and presented our food.

Steak for me and roasted chicken breast for Maeve. She wasn't wrong, the food looked beautiful.

"Thank you." I smiled at the waiter as he placed my steak down. I cut a piece of and when I popped it into my mouth I almost moaned with pleasure. "It tastes beautiful too."

"Mmhmm." Maeve nodded her head.

- - -

"You have to keep fighting. Just keep fighting. Please. What did you do?!"

"It was an accident."

"Hey, I'm just going to get some air, you alright to give them the money?" I asked taking some money out of my pocket and handed it to Maeve.

"Sure. See you in a few minutes."

I walked towards her and kissed the top of of her head as I walked towards the exit. I sighed happily as the cool evening breeze hit my warm body.

"Be quiet." I heard someone hiss.

I looked around and I didn't see anyone but I heard muffled cries come from not too far away. I walked down the path and when I looked down an ally, I saw a familar person.

"Sean?" I asked confused.

"Take Maeve and go." He ordered.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

As I got closer, I saw he had Hailee pinned up against the wall.

"She was planning on ruining your date with my sister."

"How did you know we were even here?" I asked confused, by both of them.

"Maeve told me. She tells me everything and I'm an asshole for not answering...But when she told me about this psycho bitch...I had...I had to make sure you'd be alright."

"We're alright. Just let her go." As much as I wanted to see Hailee pay for being a creep, I didn't want Sean doing something stupid.

"You care more about yourself than Maeve." Hailee said, anger laced in her voice but she was still scared and crying slightly. "Both of you."

"Shut up." Sean warned.

"Maeve had an abortion and you weren't there. You were long gone...Guessing its something you do on the regular."

"SHUT UP!" He shouted, getting angry. He was about to hit her but I had to stop him.

"Sean!" I quickly grabbed him and spun him round. I gasped in pain and Sean looked at me in shock.

I moved backwards, placing my hand on my stomach. I looked down at my hand, I looked back up at Sean. There was blood on my hand.

I placed my hand on my stomach again as I turned around, walking back in the direction of the restaurant.

"Alice." He called after me.

Maeve was walking out of the restaurant, laughing as Aimee and Steve walked inside. She turned her around and when she saw me, she quickly ran over.

"Alice!" She cried out as I fell to my knees.

She dropped down to hers, pulling me into her arms as she placed preassure on my wound.

"Stay with me Alice."

I was trying. I was trying so hard but the pain was too much...As my eyes vision slowly became blurred, the sound around me started to fade.

"What did you do?" Maeve shouted.

"It was an accident." Sean defended himself.

"Stay with me. Keep fighting. Please Alice...I need you."

Those were the last things I heard before everything went quiet and everything around me...Turned to nothing but darkness.

A/N: Rushed af and I apologise. Tried writing this all day but it kept getting deleted 🙄🙄🙄