Forty

Alice's POV

I had to bite my lip to stop the swear words I wanted to shout from escaping my mouth.

Maeve was trying her hardest not to make me scream but it was hard.

"FUCKING BASTARD TWAT BITCH!" I finally shouted.

"Really? Was there really any need for any of that?" Maeve asked annoying as she finished pulling my shirt down.

"It hurt!"

"Stop being such a baby, baby." She pecked my cheek. "Sorry for hurting you though."

"Maybe I should've worn a button up shirt."

"No shit." She laughed as she layed on my bed.

I slowly layed down next to her and she moved closer to me, tangling our legs together.

"I really like seeing you in my clothes."

"I like seeing you in nothing?" She whispered in my ear, sending chills down my body.

"Has anybody told you, you're a kinky bitch?"

"Only you." She sat up and crossed her legs. "It's refreshing though to be honest...You're not with me just for sex."

"Neither was Jackson."

Maeve laughed and shook her head. "It's pretty obvious he fell in love with the sex."

I felt jealous, I hated thinking about her being with someone else. I know it's me she wants but what if she wants to go back with Jackson?

"What did you fall for?" She asked laying back down, but this time she layed on her side, facing me.

"Everything." I said as I turned my head to look at her. "Your personality. Your looks. Your cute little smile. Your humor. Your toughness...I fell for the mean girl and I'm honestly surprised...She's not as mean as people made out."

"Sometimes you have to be mean to protect yourself from getting hurt. I was scared to get close to people in case they hurt me. The only person I trusted was Aimee but then..Jackson came and he changed everything but then so did you, Eric and Otis. I went from having only Aimee to having like a family. A true family."

I grabbed her hand and interwined out fingers. "You will always have a home here. You will always be apart of this family. Even if we were to break up. Your home will forever, always be here." I brought her hand to my lips and pecked it gently. "But that's not gonna happen. You have given me your heart and I promise you, I will never break it,  on purpose anyway...Your heart is safe with me. Just like you are. I will always protect you. You are everything to me Maeve Wiley. You are the missing piece I didn't realise I needed to complete me."

"You are so cheesy and cliché at times, its unreal." She laughed. "But thank you...You're so sweet."

"Remember how you said, that I should take more risks?"

"Yeah...Wait." She sat up quickly. "You're not gonna propose to me are you?"

"No." I laughed. "Atleast not yet."

"Yet?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Shush, that's another thing for another time. Anyways, I was wondering..." I trailed off, not knowing if I should go with it.

"Wondering??? Come on, take the risk. Live a little."

I sat up slowly so my back was rest against the headboard. "Will you take me to get my nose pierced? Like yours?"

Maeve's eyes lit up, like she was a little kid at Christmas. She had the biggest grin on her face and she was nodding her head quickly. "Yes! Yes! Absolutely!"

She looked really excited and it was so cute...It also looks like I'm gonna get my nose pierced...It'll be hard to talk my Mum around it.

Actually.

No it won't, she doesn't need to know until after. She's more than likely flip her lid, but it'll be worth it. Especially now seeing how excited Maeve looks. I love seeing her like this.

I love seeing her happy.