Thirty Four

Alice's POV

Loud music boomed from downstairs so either Aimee re-made her playlist or someone else had used theirs.

Maeve and I were just cuddling in one of the guest rooms. She was holding me for a change, as if she felt like she had to protect me.

We had nothing to say to eachother and that was fine. I just enjoyed being with her, it kinda felt nice being in her arms.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I looked up at her. "Are you okay?"

"I gotta pee."

I laughed and sat up, allowing her to move. "I'll meet you downstairs?"

"Sure." She nodded her head.

I stood up and walked downstairs, I saw Eric straightening out his shirt, he took one look at me and he looked proud of himself.

"I wasn't expecting you and Adam."

"What can I say? He loves my tromboner."

"Don't ever say that again."

"Noted." He grabbed two bottles of beer from the cooler and handed me one. "'Tis a party! Let's have fun!"

I took a sip of beer and I sighed happily. It was delicious. It was cold and refreshing.

"Hey Alice." Maeve greeted.

"Oh hey Maeve." Eric smiled, as he grabbed another beer and handed it to her.

She took the beer but she looked him up and down, she looked confused by his outfit. "You look like a wotsit."

"So you're saying, I look like a snack?"

"I'm saying...You look like a wotsit..."

I laughed and wrapped my arm around Maeve's shoulder. I rested my head against hers and just smiled. Everything seemed so perfect. My life was in a really good place, bar Hailee of course. It's so strange how someone can be so nice and then suddenly change.

"Alice Milburn!"

I turned around and saw Otis storming towards me and he looked pissed.

"Hey bro."

"Don't hey bro me, what are you drinking?"

"Coke." I said with a shrug of my shoulders. The label clearly showing I was drinking a bottle of Carlsberg.

"Stop drinking alcohol. You're underage."

"Are you like...A complete moron?" Maeve asked, looking at my brother clearly annoyed.

"No. No I'm not."

"That was a rhetorical question." Maeve rolled her eyes. "EVERYONE is underage. Jesus Christ, Otis, loosen up a little yeah?"

"Agreed!" Eric said as he handed Otis a bottle of beer. "It's a party. Let's have fun!"

And we did.

We did have fun.

Otis loosened up, Eric was..Eric. Maeve and I danced together.

It was the best night of my life. I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself so much. Never laughed or smiled so much.

I never wanted this night to end.

- - -

The next morning, I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I remembered Aimee's party, so I must've stayed over.

I saw Maeve laying next to me with her back turned. I smiled. I wrapped my arm around her and gave her a kiss on her bare shoulder.

"The party last night was amazing."

"Thank you."

I let out a surprised scream as I backed away from Aimee as quickly as I could, which ended up with me falling on the floor. Aimee sat up and looked at me confused.

"You alright, love?"

The sheet dropped down slightly and I saw she was naked.

"What's all the commotion about?" Another voice said. A lad, I had never seen before sat up next to Aimee. "Hey Alice." He smiled looking at me.

"Hey...Ice cream cone.."

"What?"

"Hey, what's your name?"

"It's Steve."

"Right..."

Oh my god, did I have a threesome with them. Oh god, no. No no no. Maeve is gonna kill me. Maeve is gonna hate me. Oh, no no no. My head hurts and I had a threesome. Brilliant.

"Bye." I said a I quickly ran out of the room.

I ran downstairs and I saw Maeve casually sat at the kitchen table drinking out of a cup.

"Morning." She smiled at me.

"I had a threesome with Aimee and Steve." I said quickly.

"Sure, okay." She laughed.

I walked closer to her and knelt down beside her. "I'm serious. I woke up in bed with Aimee. She was naked and so was Steve...And I kissed her shoulder thinking it was you."

Maeve slowly lowered her cup. She stood up calmly before she kicked her chair away.

"Alright then dickhead." She said getting close to my face. "How dare you."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry?!" She grabbed me by my shirt and pushed me against the wall. "You have nothing to be sorry for." She laughed, releasing me. "You were so drunk last night. I tried to take you into the room I was gonna stay in but you walked into Aimee's room and passed out."

"So I didn't have a threesome?"

"No babe." She pecked my lips. "But don't...Kiss anyone elses shoulder again."

"I won't. I promise." I kissed her forhead.

Things were great between us, she was like my best friend and my girlfriend rolled into one. Nothing could break us. We're stronger than anything.