Twenty Four

Alice's POV

The Day Of The School Dance

Feeling nervous was an understatement. I was completely bricking it. I wasn't even sure what to wear. I hated dresses but I had nothing formal to wear.

What would Maeve be wearing? What about Hailee? God, what am I going to do about Hailee? She's a nice girl but I don't wanna go with her but I fucked that up didn't I and now I have to.

I turned around as I heard a knock on my door. It opened slowly and I saw Eric walk in with a suit in his hands.

"You're wearing that? A black suit and tie? I expected more from you Eric. I'm disapointed."

Eric rolled his eyes and handed me the suit. "It's for you."

"Really?" I asked a little happy and shocked.

"Mmhmm and as for my outfit..Well honey, you will not be disapointed." He winked. "Tata."

"You've been spending way too much time with Hailee."

"Shut up. Bye Angel." He walked out of the room and left me to get dressed.

I got a quicke shower, even brushed my teeth again. I was happy as I was getting into my clothes until it came to putting the tie on. I literally wanted to strangle myself with it.

I groaned in fustration and walked to Otis's room.

"Hey can y-OH MY GOD!" I turned around quickly.

"I thought my Dad installed a lock."

"I...Forgot about it..."

"Hey Alice."

"Hey...Ola..."

Ola was the daughter of the repair man that our Mum was head over heels for. Clearly, it runs in the family seeing how Otis and Ola hit it off and they hit it off well...Seeing as how they were nearly naked.

"Okay, you can turn around now." Otis said. "What's up?" He asked using a pillow to cover his crotch.

"I needed help with my tie..I'll go ask Mum."

"Thank you." He replied gratefully, he clearly did not want to remove the pillow any time soon.

I walked downstairs and saw Mum sat at the table drinking a cup of tea. Her eyes widened when she saw me and she smiled.

"Well well well, don't you look dashing?"

I held my tie up and she stood up. She walked over to me and took the tie from me and wrapped it around my neck.

"Do you think...Hailee will like me dressed like this?"

"Why care about Hailee when it's Maeve you want to impress?" Mum asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Because Hailee is my date."

"But you don't want her to be."

"I messed up. I told her she was the girl I wanted from the start because I didn't want her to know about how I felt about Maeve. Now look where we are..But I guess it's a good thing seeing how Maeve is with Jackson."

Mum finished tying my tie and put her hands on my shoulders. "Everything happens for a reason. Just remember that."

She kissed my forhead just as someone knocked on the door.

She walked towards it and opened it. "Hailee I assume? You look absolutely gorgeous, darling."

I walked towards the door and when I saw Hailee my heart skipped a beat.