Thirty Eight

Alice's POV

Maeve refused to let go of my hand and I was completely fine with that. I'd probably be the same if I had almost lost her. Her eyes were holding so much pain and it broke my heart because it was me who caused that pain in her eyes.

"I never thought I would see school's mean girl, Maeve Wiley like this."

"Like what?"

"In love."

"Yeah well, I've only ever been in love once." She smiled at as she kissed my forhead. "And that's with you. Sure, we're still young but love knows no age. I feel love and I've only felt that love with you."

"Same here." I said trying to sit up. I winced in pain and Maeve was quick to support me.

"Hang on." She said as she reached down under the bed, soon, my bed was slowly raising me in a sitting up position. "Better?"

"Much, thank you." I turned my attention and saw that Sean was watching us. He looked so angry with himself. "Don't give him a hard time."

"Are you serious?! He stabbed you! He basically murdered you but you came back to life...But he still stabbed you."

"He didn't mean to. He was protecting us."

"What?"

"Hailee was going to ruin our date and he stopped her. I didn't want him getting done for assault or something so I stopped him hitting her...Looks like I stopped him stabbing her."

Maeve sighed and sat down on the chair next to me, exhausted. "He's never carried a knife around before...He's gotta be in some trouble or something."

"Talk to him about it."

"Yeah, yeah I will." Maeve looked at me and brought my hand to her lips, she pecked my hand gently and rubbed it with her thumb. "How you feeling?"

"Like I've been stabbed."

Maeve shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Seriously, how are you feeling?"

"A little sore. Nothing too major. I'm not getting much luck am I?"

"Bad things happen to make room for the good. People leave to make room for the people who are going to come in. Everything happens for a reason, this is super bad what happend so maybe something super good will happen."

"You're so poetic and deep when you want to be."

Maeve smirked and stood up. She kissed my cheek before she moved her lips to my ear. "You have no idea how truely deep I can go."

A shiver went down my spine and Maeve laughed at my reaction as she sat back down. She crossed her leg over her knee casually, as if nothing happend.

"Just you wait until I get out of here." I warned. "You're gonna get it."

"I should hope so."

- - -

Maeve had gone to get me some fresh clothes ready for the morning in case they let me go home. Eric had gone with her, leaving just Mum, Otis and Sean.

Sean was stood at the door as Otis and Mum sat beside me.

"Sean."

He looked up at me and walked over, he couldn't look at my Mum and Brother.

"Hey, I forgive you. I know you didn't mean to hurt me."

"You did this?" Otis asked standing up.

He walked over to Sean and before anyone could react, Otis hit Sean with a hard right hook.

"You hurt my sister again and I'll kill you. You bastard!"

"Otis!" Mum said in shock as she pulled Otis away from Sean.

Sean clutched his cheek and looked down. "I deserved that. I'm sorry. I'm glad you're okay."

"Maeve told me you don't usually carry a knives with you. Why now?"

Sean shuffled his feet slightly, letting out a deep breath. "I'm in a bit of trouble but it's nothing I can't handle. Don't worry about it. Don't worry Maeve either." He placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "I know she's in good hands with you. I trust you to protect her."

"Of course."

"Thank you for making my sister happy and showing her what love is."

"Sean, you can't leave her again."

"I might not have a choice." He said sadly before walking out of the room.

What have you done Sean?

A/N: Haaaaaaappy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear JayCole28, happy birthday to you! Hope you have a fantastic day mate!